new years party

"who sent this?" i ask kate after she showed us the video of eleanor and king pin.

"yelena. apparently my mom is the one who hired her to kill you." my mouth opens in an 'o' shape as i looked over at clint.

"oh wow."

"it doesn't make any sense. my mom doesn't even, she doesn't even jaywalk. and now she's working with the mob? she killed armand? my god, i need to talk to her."

"woah woah woah woah woah," clint rambled on.

"kate, wait. you gotta calm down, okay? let's talk this out." clint and i both got up ready to stop her from leaving. she started pacing around breathing heavily as she held up the phone to her ear.

"okay, take a breath. but your mom needs our help. that video, kate, it's not good. the kingpin will not take this lightly. he is going to react. and he's gonna do it in a big way."

"this is my mess to clean up. you two should go home, you should be with your family. you can still make it in time for christmas." i shook my head and exhaled.

"kate, we're partners. your mess is our mess. i'm not going anywhere until this is finished." she gave me a face i couldn't quite get her expression though. "come on." i wrap my arm around her shoulder , grabbing her coat, while her arm goes around my waist.
...
"kate, i'm really sorry how this all turned out for you." clint apologized as we sat in silence on the train.

"well... can't think about it right now. we've gotta focus on tonight." i place my hand on her knee and rubbed to try and comfort her. she looked over at me with a small smile which i returned.

he exhaled before speaking, "you're right. we need a ton of gear. like a whole batch of way-too-dangerous trick arrows."

kates head snapped over to him staring in disbelief, "you can make more?" he didn't reply just smirked cockily.
...
as soon as we entered the apartment i took off my coat and set it on the couch.

"alex, i have no idea what's in that bag, but you need to modify your weapons." i nodded and walked over to the duffel bag, grabbing it, and taking it towards the little station my dad created.

i unzipped it and my eyes widened at the stuff inside. "holy shit."

"what?" clint looked over inside the bag, "huh. pepper knows a lot about weapons."

inside the bag was silencers, lasers, mags, pistols, ammunition, bigger guns, a sniper, grenades, smoke bombs, stun grenades and much more. "well done miss potts." i mumble to myself taking out the stuff and getting ready to add stuff to my guns.

"hey, kate, have you seen that pepper spray?" he asked as he was modifying the arrows. "yeah, i've got it here."  she walked in and gave it to clint but stopped when she saw me adding a laser and something on the side.

"what's that?"

"uh, it's a laser and this thing on the side will shoot stun grenades." i smile widely in excitement.

"so, pepper just gives weapons to kids?" clint quizzed slightly concerned.

"i'm no longer that 18 year old senior, dad. it's pretty hard to comprehend that you missed 5 years of my life and now i'm an adult."

he smiled sadly, "i know, sweetheart. just you're not longer my little girl anymore." he sniffled wiping a fake tear from his cheek making kate laugh while i rolled my eyes sticking my tongue out.

we got back to working on our weapons when silence took over. "so, this, uh. this holiday party tonight. is it a fancy thing?" clint asked breaking the silence.