care

as soon as everyone walked in they dispersed into their respective rooms, minus my dad, kate and i.

"sit." kate commanded once we entered the kitchen. silently i hop onto the counter whilst she grabs a water bottle and ibuprofen.

"you know how to clean cuts right, kate?" my dad asked walking in with medical supplies.

"she learned from the best." i smirk, planting the palms of my hands on the counter. he chuckled before walking upstairs.

"you do know what you're doing right?" i ask slightly scared as kate spread my legs to stand between them, like i was when i was cleaning her face up.

"yes, alex, i do." nodding i let her grab a cotton swab and pour hydrogen peroxide, hissing lowly when the the swab touched the cut on my forehead.

"are you mad?" i ask as she continued doing her thing, only receiving a head shake. she sighed as i watched her intently, "what are you looking at?"

"oh, me? nothing. just my beautiful girlfriend taking care of me, while being slightly tipsy from one strong margarita."

she blushed while wrapping up the bandaid diagonally on my cut, "he got a good few hits on you." she pointed at my cheek that's already forming a bruise.

"lucky shot," i shrug with a small smirk, "if you, my dad, and cooper weren't trying to pull me away, he wouldn't have a single swing hit."

"oh really? cause from what i saw you were getting your ass kicked." she teased, putting two ziploc bags full of ice.

"nope," i deny with a goofy smile, "i was trying to not get anyone of you guys hurt."

"he really did get his hits in thought." i grumbled as she placed the bag on my cheek, looking me straight in the eyes. leaning down to peck her lips slightly, i groan as my back hunches in pain.

"what are you okay?" she spoke fast with a concerned voice. "yeah, no. i'm fine. that damn table got the best hit there was." i grumble stretching my back upwards.

"come on." she giggled, grabbing my right hand with her left, as her right was occupied with two bags of ice.

"take off your shirt." she instructed once we entered my room, "take me on a date first, bishop." i smirk as she gave me a stern look. "okay, okay." i raise my hands in surrender before tossing off my shirt.

"lay down." i grumbled, slowly placing my stomach on the silk sheets. feeling the bed dip i look over at kate, "why do i need to-" stopping i exhale as the cool bag was placed on my bare back.

"oh, that-that feels nice." sighing in satisfaction, i dip my head deeper into the bed.

"are you tired?" my voice muffled by the bed. hearing a small hum i look at kate who has tired eyes. "let me take you on a date." kate, now awake looked at me with a small smile.

"a date?" her voice small, almost shy. "yeah. i never got to take you on a proper one, due to the whole tracksuit, kingpin, yelena mess."

"where are we going?" her giddy, enthusiastic voice exclaimed maneuvering her body to face my fully, her hand still on my back with the ice on it.

"hmm, that's a surprise." she smiled widely before yawning. "get some sleep."

"no, i need to take care of you." the archer mumbled tiredly.

"it's okay, beautiful, go to sleep. soon it'll be me taking care of you." she exhaled and stood up. "help me unzip this?"

standing up with a grunt, i lower her zipper just above her lower back. "give me your hoodie."

sighing i walk back to my dresser and grab my purple champion hoodie and sweatpants, "thank you!" she sang lowly.

i changed into a pair of shorts and kept myself in my bra, "goodnight, beautiful."

"goodnight." she pecked my lips before getting comfortable.

the date tomorrow my friends