barton christmas

as we pull up on the property i start shaking kate awake, who was leaning on my shoulder snoring.

"cmon kate, we're here." i whisper while lightly tapping her thighs. she slowly stirred awake while looking at her surroundings. "morning." i mumble while kissing her temple.

"morning." she replied with her tired voice as we parked. hopping out the car, i give kate my hand to help her out. after she got out i reached for the dogs leash and pulling him out handing it to kate, and walking to the back to help my dad with the bags.

"we didn't die." i smiled while putting a bag on my shoulder.

"yeah, but you got your ass kicked by a small blonde, and now your mom is gonna get on both of our asses." he teased while i rolled my eyes with a small smile.

grabbing the boxes of presents, i asked kate who was stood staring at the ground, "you coming?"

"yeah, come on lucky." she began following us as the dog barked. "hey, are you sure this is okay?

"i'm telling you they're very excited to meet you."  clint responded as walked closer to the door.

"daddy! daddy!" nathaniel ran out the door sprinting to clint giving him a big hug.

"you made it. you kept your promise." cooper took the boxes so lila could give me a hug.

"i don't break my promises, lila." i mumble before kissing her head separating our bodies.

"this is kate. come on in. let's go."

"it's cold." holding the door for kate to enter first, i put my hand on her back before following in.

clint walked over to my mom giving her a hug. "oh the dog is so cute, what's his name".

"that's lucky." kate responded with a smile. "brought home a couple stray." we both turn our heads and see laura smiling politely.

"hi." kate greeted shyly

"welcome, kate. so good to have you." laura walked over to kate giving her a hug.

"hey, momma." i smile sarcastically while opening my arms out once they separate. she slapped my arms repeatedly making me step back, "ow, hey! what's that for?"

"for fighting someone bigger than you." she glares at me before wrapping her arms around me.

"uh, actually she was smaller than alex." clint smirked teasingly while i stuck my tongue out. "oh hey, where are the 40 dollars hmm?"

she cocked an eyebrow with a smile, "so you two are dating? since when?"

i look down at my wrist pretending there was a watch and quirk an eyebrow, "uh 16- no 17 hours."i smirked while kate slapped my arm.

"alex has a girlfriend? what kind of voodoo did you put the poor girl through?" cooper joked as kate laughed lightly.

"stay mad i get more bitches than you." i reply while shooting him a glare.

"hey, no calling women bitches in this household, you hear me, cora?" i gulped with wide eyes since she used my middle name.

"yes ma'am." i reply seriously.

"same thing for you coop." clint spoke to him while taking off his coat.

"yes sir." he replied seriously also as we stood tall.

"alex come on sweetheart, you're older than coop." i nodded while looking at my hands.

"i mean to be fair we all know i'm like a big ass little kid." i shrug while wrapping my arms around kate's body as i stood behind her.