It was a local stalker, nothing too bad but Garcia feared if they didn't do something now it would escalade soon. The woman went to Garcia directly because local police wouldn't do something until something happened to her. As long as they had no other important case they agreed to work on this one.

"Okay Morgan and Rossi you will go to the local police station and get previous evidence like letters and all that stuff the stalker sent before. Reid will work with me on a preliminary profile with the informations we already have.", Hotch started to put them into the teams, he let out a short sigh and then finished. "JJ you and Agent Prentiss will go and talk to the woman and her husband. We'll meet at the police station around four."
After that he nodded and the team stood up to leave. Emily couldn't believe he really called her 'Agent Prentiss', acting more weird wasn't even possible she thought annoyed.

While she and JJ drove to the address Garcia had sent them she couldn't stop thinking if Hotch would be going to confront her soon. She thought maybe after this case he would call her into his office to talk about the situation but that didn't happen. The team solved the case after a week, they got the stalker locked away and went to a bar to have a drink afterwards. Emily and Hotch didn't talk to each other if it was not about a case. Even while solving the stalker case they only talked the bare minimum. The day after they went to the bar Emily was ready to get called into Hotchs office but nothing happened. And it also didn't happen the next day.

Soon they got a new case in Texas. It was about a man torturing brunette woman in their 20s and early 30s.

When they arrived at the local police station Hotch put them into teams again, this time Emily would go with Morgan to interview the family's of the victims.

"So Mrs. Johnson, did your daughter bring home a new boyfriend recently or a new friend?", Morgan asked the brown haired woman sitting on the sofa in front of them.

"No, no one I know of at least. I know Sarah just moved out recently but if she met someone new she still told us about it.", the mother answered.

"So was there an Ex-boyfriend that couldn't have still been angry or something like that?", Prentiss intervened.

"Sarah didn't have much boyfriends in the past and all of them were really nice man so I couldn't imagine one of them doing that. Also it is not only my daughter that got murdered.", Mrs Johnson replied with tears in her eyes.

"You're right Mrs. Johnson but sometime it turns out that all victims dated the same guy and he is the one we are searching for. But that is a rare occasion.", Emily explained to her and the woman nodded.

After a few more questions Emily and Derek left the Johnsons house and drove to the last family they had to interview. When they were finished there they got something to eat at a drive in and ate that in the car.

"So you still haven't warmed up with Hotch?", Derek asked Prentiss with a smirk.

"What do you mean?", Emily replied acting like she didn't know what he meant.

"Come on Prentiss you know exactly what I'm talking about. You two try to talk as less as possible with each other. Why is that ?", the Agent asked curiously.

"I really don't know what you are talking about. I didn't realize that.", Emily answered and tried to cover the insecure tone with a short laugh.

"If you say so.", Morgan laughed. This topic ended there and the two started talking about the case before driving to the local police station. The rest of the team was already there even if it was only 3pm.

"Hey did you two find something out?", they heard JJ say when they walked into the precinct.

"Not really, there were no new friends and no angry ex boyfriends. There is also no other connection between the victims.", Emily explained.

"While you're talking about victims, we got another one.", the police captain exclaimed while entering the room.

"When?", Hotch sighed.

"She was found about an hour ago in a different district. They called me right before I came in here.", the almost bald man replied.

"Alright, Morgan and Reid you'll go to the crime scene.", Hotch ordered and the two agents stood up to leave. "Rossi, JJ you'll try to construct a geografic profile. I will interview the family as soon as they arrive here.", the team chef continued.

"Uhm what about me?", Emily asked while the others stood up.

"Oh uhm yeah you can go with Morgan and Reid.", the Agent replied.

"Why don't you do the interviews with her?", JJ suggested.

"Uhm I guess that will work too.", Hotch said narrow minded. Emily shifted uncomfortable in her seat but luckily no one seemed to notice.

After the rest of the team left Emily got up real quick and excused herself to the bathroom. When she got there she splashed a bit of water in her face and let out a breath. She was quiet annoyed at JJ but at the same time she knew that she only wanted to help them get to know each other, she didn't know anything about Emily's and Hotchner's backstory.

After calming herself a bit down the brunette walked out of the bathroom and made her way to one of the offices where they would interview the parents of the newest victim. When she arrived there Hotch gave her a file and told her the most important things about the victim, her name was Cassie Moore. She was 27, Emily got a weird feeling looking at the photo of the woman, she was her age and also looked similar. Emily was ripped out of her thoughts by Hotch greeting someone, she looked up and saw the parents of the woman. She walked over to them and greeted them too.

The parents sat down on a brown sofa in the corner, after Hotch told them to and the two agents sat down on a little bench in front of them.
Soon after they had finished the interview the other BAU Agents came back. The team got together and talked about all new informations they had. Again it was Emily who found the connection between the victims.

"It's a night club.", Emily called out without looking up from her file.

"What?", Hotch asked unbelieving.

"A night club is the connection between the victims.", the brunette replied now looking up. She got asking looks from the team so she continued to explain. "Look, here is a stamp on Cassie Moore's hand. And on the hands of the other victims you can't really recognize a stamp but you see some smeared red ink. On some its only slightly but it's definitely there."

Hotch didn't want to believe her so he grabbed the file out of her hand and looked at the photos himself.

"She's right Hotch.", Reid said after looking into his own file.

"Why didn't we realize this earlier.", Hotch said upset.

"Captain, do you know which night club here uses red ink for their stamps?", Rossi asked the Police Captain.

"I'm don't know but the most clubs only use black or blue so it shouldn't be too hard to find out which club uses red.", Captain Stevens told them, Hotch nodded and the man stood up to find out which club the stamps belonged to.
A few moments later the team members got up to do various tasks.

"Good job Prentiss.", Rossi said while walking past Emily. Emily sighed and stayed on her seat. She thought about the fact that Hotch seemed annoyed that she was the one who found the connection. She was still waiting for him to confront her about their past but deep inside she knew that wasn't going to happen.

"Why does he hate me so much?", she thought to herself.