3.01 𝖠𝖭𝖢𝖧𝖮𝖱𝖲

Beginne am Anfang

"He was never even here?" She furrows her eyebrows, whispering to herself and Chris and Susan share a concerned look.

"Who was never here?" Chris asks her, tone still calm.

"No one, I just, I'm still half asleep. Thanks for coming in but um, I'm just gonna go back to bed," She looks at both of them, standing up from her place on the floor and the two of them nod hesitantly before getting up to leave.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you?" Susan asks gently from the door and Olive shakes her head, pulling the covers over her.

"I'm okay, really, it was just a dream," She nods and Susan sighs, kissing her on the forehead before leaving the room and closing the door behind her. Olive, however, was not going back to sleep, possibly ever again. She pulled out her phone to look at the time: 3:45 a.m. She shook her head, knowing Isaac was not going to be awake at this hour, and opted just to text him instead of calling him. She sent him a text, just saying I love you, and then rolled over, staring at the ceiling. Her phone rang 20 minutes later. She furrowed her eyebrows, answering it.

"I love you too," Isaac's voice came through the phone groggily, as if he'd just woken up. She smiled, exhaling slightly. "Are you okay? Why are you awake?"

"No reason, just woke up," She shrugged and Isaac furrowed his eyebrows, propping himself up on his arm.

"Did it happen again?" He asked, his voice low. Olive stayed silent, knowing she couldn't lie to him so she just opted for no response. "Do you want me to come over?"

"Yes, but no," She shook her head, chewing the inside of her cheek. "It's almost 4 a.m, I'll just see you at school."

"Too late, I'm already on my way," He said and she heard rustling over the phone. She smiled to herself as she heard his window snap shut.

"Are you just gonna run here?" She furrowed her eyebrows as she heard him land on the ground and take off.

"Yep, it's what, a 20-minute walk? Granted not all of us are super speedy like some of the present company but I'm still a werewolf, I can be there in like 10."

"Okay," She sighed, resting her head back on her pillow, and sure enough, ten minutes later Isaac was standing on her balcony, softly knocking on the door. She smiled, walking over to it and unlocking it, allowing him to come in.

He looked down at her, noticing the bags under her eyes and the tear stains on her cheeks, yet she was still smiling up at him. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her close and she immediately returned the hug, squeezing him so tight she might've popped a blood vessel.

"Hey," He furrowed his eyebrows at her, speaking softly as he pulled away. "Are you okay?"

She nodded, visibly trying to keep tears from reaching her eyes. Isaac nodded, taking her hand and leading her over to her bed. He got in first, looking up at her noticing she was hesitant, but got in anyway, allowing him to wrap his arms around her as she snuggled into his chest, taking a deep breath, inhaling his familiar scent.

"Get some rest," He whispered, placing a kiss on her hair and she nodded slowly against him. But still, she lay there, eyes wide open and staring at whatever she could focus on to keep her awake. Isaac noticed this and looked down at her with a concerned gaze.

"Are you ever gonna tell me what it's about?" He asks lowly and Olive looks up at him, shaking her head. "That bad, huh?"

"It's certainly not good," She whispers and Isaac exhales softly and kisses her head again.

"It's just a dream, it can't hurt you," He squeezed her once and Olive nodded, wrapping her arms around him.

"This one's just really bad," She sighs, snuggling into his chest. He looks down at her, worry littering his face.