"I know. I appreciate that."

It was quiet for a second. "You ain't have to call me no bitch in the club though." I immediately went out of view of the camera and laughed. "I was like shit she bout to come over here and beat my ass."

"Bro I swear it was the liquor. I was in my feelings heavy."

"I know and so was I. When I tell you I was listening to all them breakup songs. I know I'm the one who ended it but I still felt terrible."

It was silent for the most part between us. His attention was on the tv and mine was on myself as I wrapped up with my braids. I put my bonnet on and continued to chat with him.

"So are you dating?" He asked me.

I shook my head. "Nope."

"Well you know you have my blessing if you decide to."

I paused what I was doing, stared at him, then laughed. "Oh honey I'm not asking for your blessing. Nor do I need it. You broke up with me, remember?"

"I know but I ain't want you to think I was going to be possessive."

"Melo I know. I'm messing with you and I know you only care." I gave him a warm smile. "Are you dating?"

"Nah. I think imma chill for a while. I need to be focused."

"Can't relate to that buddy."

He started laughing. "I thought you weren't dating."

"I'm not. That don't mean I can't look and be interested. I'm in my prime. This is the time for exploration so by the time I'm 30, fingers crossed, I'll have this shit figured out. Hopefully married."

"Oh you cold. So basically I should be exploring too."

"Of course. You're single. Why shouldn't you? Keep your pecker in your pants though."

"But that's how I explore. You need to be thanking my pecker. That's why I stayed with yo ass."

"Nigga fuck you."

"What? That's a compliment. That mouth of yours is-" his eyes rolled to the back of his head while biting his lip.

"I'm about to hang up and put you back on my blocked list." I said with a straight face. Well I tried, but a laugh escaped past.

"You know that was funny. I just wanted to see you smile one more time before I go to sleep."

"Yeah I need to go to bed too." There was a knock on my door. "Have a goodnight nuggs."

"Night." He gave me a peace sign then we hung up.

I went to the door and Jayson was outside. "You forgot your charger." I glanced behind me and saw my charger plugged into the wall.

I smirked but changed it to a light smile when I looked back at him. "That's yours."

"Is it?" He looked down at it. "You sure?"

"Positive. I appreciate you checking though."

"Yeah. No problem. Well goodnight. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye Jayson." I waved and closed the door.

He knew damn well that wasn't my charger. Is he feeling your girl? Maybe a little crush but he won't say anything? Hmmm....

———————

I hissed when my hand was popped. "Get out my kitchen. Go." Miss.Brandy pointed me out with her spatula.

"I was taste testing it. Making sure no one poisoned it." I tried to plead my case.

"Bye Naomi." She said without looking at me.