Chapter One: Types of humanity

In this world, there are many things to define humans. They are sure to be many types but the important ones to be a human are to have equality, morality, intelligence, and greed.

That's what all humans have in common, right? Even though the words intelligence and morality could be different for all of us.

April 1st
??? POV

"Um, excuse me. But can you offer your seat up? The elder needs to sit there since it is a prototype seat. As you can see, her back isn't fully straight so she may have trouble standing.." A girl's voice asks politely for the boy who has long blond hair that's reaching to his shoulders. "My, My pretty girl. Yes, it is a priority seat but there is no law requiring me to sit on it. Do you want me to just give it up because I am young? Such nonsense. Standing consumes more stamina than just sitting."

"I thought you would contribute to society." She said still trying to convince the boy. "Look around. These people seem to be sitting in chairs that aren't priority seats. Seems so trivial to me." He said while having his hand touching his hair, stylish much...

"Please don't mind me. Really, I'm fine. But thank you.." the elder lady said with a smile on her face. The girl with blond hair seems to not give up on the elder lady. "Excuse me! Would any of you be willing to give up your seat?.." she asked looking around.

I look around the bus room. Nobody seems to be willing to give up their seat. The guy who is sitting next to me is doing the same.  I look at the girl with black hair who didn't seem to care at all and reading her book.

"Uhm... I can give up my seat." The woman got up after raising her hand. The girl seems grateful that the elder lady got her seat. I turn my head, leaning against the window.

Some time has passed and the bus has finally stopped. The students walked out, following the rest of the students. I stop to see the girl suddenly talking to the male student who was sitting next to me. Probably confronting him because he was staring at her. I didn't care what they were talking about, I continue heading to the entrance ceremony.

The entire school has gathered in the gym, listening to the entrance ceremony. It's a freaky coincidence that the same boy I was sitting across in the bus and the girl who was reading her book are in the same class all three of us. After the ceremony was done, it was the most... Boring speech ever.

I have walked to my designated class, I look at the sign. Class is 1-D. I entered to see students chatting, I look around the room. Searching for my designated seat. I approach my desk and sat down on the chair. I'm sitting in front of the man whose face seems stoic. He seems bored out of mind. Or is it his usual face?

"An unpleasant coincidence." The long black hair said, still reading her book. "I feel the same way." My eyes were looking at the two students which both seem to not care. When he spoke, his voice sound so monotone. He turns his head to look at me. "Hello." Oh. He greeted me. I can tell he's not the person to have high communication skills.

"Hello." I greeted him back. Why does he look familiar? Looking at him up close, he looks similar to me...

"Everyone, May I have a moment? I was hoping that we all introduce ourselves. That way we can jump on getting acquainted. The teacher seems to be not here yet. How about it?" The boy with dark greenish hair seems to be like a leader. He sure has confidence.

"I'm Hirata Yosuke. Just call me Yosuke, no need for formalities. I play all kinds of sports but I mostly want to join a soccer club. Nice to meet you all!" His voice sounds happy and confident. Yeah no doubt, he sure is suited to be a class leader.

"I'll go next!" My eyes turn to look at the tie with blond hair and red eyes. Yep, the same person who tries to help the old lady. "My name is Kushida Kikyō. My goal is to be friends with everyone! I'd like to make great memories so don't hesitate to invite me into your group!" She bows. Her face though reminds me of a facade. Probably just my imagination...