13.

Jeongin didn’t confront the others about the situation until about two hours later after everyone had eaten dinner. He decided to ask Hyunjin first, considering he and Jisung had been enemies since day one. He was nervous to ask, of course. He didn’t want to be questioned about why he was asking. He knocked on Hyunjin’s door and waited for the older to tell him he could come in. Hyunjin called and Jeongin walked into the room. 

“Hey Innie, what’s up?” Hyunjin asked. He was sitting on his bed drawing in his sketchbook. 

“Nothing much, really I actually just had a question,” Jeongin said, playing with his hands as he was anxious to ask. 

“Yeah sure, go ahead.”

“I was just wondering, um…why do you hate Jisung hyung so much…?” He asked the question quietly, his voice barely heard. 

“You don’t like him either. I was assuming it was for the same reason as me,” Hyunjin said wit a small frown. “Why are you asking anyway?”

“Oh! Yeah, I don’t know, I was just curious I guess-” Jeongin rambled, the panic rising in his voice. 

“Uh huh…well, he’s just annoying honestly. He gets on my last nerves and has since day one. He makes so many mistakes and just ruins things for the rest of the group. He has since even before we debuted. That’s how he is. He’s pathetic and it’s sad. He brings barely anything to the table,” Hyunjin ranted. It was clear he was getting angrier the more he spoke. 

“I understand…ok, I was just wondering. Thanks, hyung,” Jeongin said, wanting to get out of the room as quickly as possible. 

“Why do you hate him then?” Hyunjin asked.

Jeongin sighed a little and turned to face his hyung. “Do you want the truth?” He asked.

“Of course I do,” Hyunjin responded. 

“Because I’m scared of what you all will do to me if I don’t,” Jeongin said before walking out of Hyunjin’s room and closing the door behind him. 

Jeongin knew none of them had a valid reason for hating Jisung. He had seen it as he heard them talk about him. None of them ever brought up a specific event which made them start to dislike him. It was always very general things about Jisung. But hearing such a stupid response from Hyunjin just made him mad. He had a little hope that it would at least be something serious under all the general reasons but no. He thought it was pathetic, honestly. It was sad. 

He decided to ask Bangchan as well, knowing that the leader was an overall influence for him and Felix so maybe he was an influence for others like Seungmin and Changbin. He found Bangchan in the recording studio alone. Changbin was taking a break. He knocked on the door before walking in, not wanting to interrupt a recording or anything. Once Bangchan called back, Jeongin walked in. 

“Hey, what’s up?” Chan asked as Jeongin walked into the studio.

Bangchan motioned for Jeongin to sit down, but he shook his head and stayed standing. He didn’t want to be in there for longer than he had to be. 

“I just had a question,” Jeongin said. 

“Shoot then.”

“Why do you hate Jisung hyung so much?” He asked, less nervously than he asked Hyunjin.

“I’d assumed you knew but I guess we all have different reasons for disliking him. Well, he lets things get in the way of work. He lets his emotions cloud his mind and it causes him not to put his best foot forward. It takes a toll on how much time we have to do things since he’s one of the main producers, you know? He doesn’t attend the fansigns because of his anxiety which I just don’t get. He decided to be an idol, he knew what to expect. And now he just lets it get to him. If he keeps acting like this, it’ll get him kicked out, you know,” Bangchan explained. His tone was calm and he didn’t seem angry at all.