14.

The next day Jeongin was nervous as hell. He had gone into Jisung’s room early in the morning to explain his plan. Jeongin planned to avoid Jisung the whole day and be extra mean to him. Jisung of course accepted this, but he knew he was going to have to stop from overthinking. Jeongin was the only person who showed he cared so Jeongin being extra mean to him would definitely mess with his head. But it was alright. As long as Jeongin was safe he was happy. 

They had the Domino dance practice to do and then later that day they had a one take stage to perform for. Jisung threw on some white jogging pants, a white t-shirt a white cap and some black sneakers for the dance practice. The colour scheme for their practice was black and white and Jisung really liked the outfit he had chosen. He was up early as well. His mental health was definitely getting better with Jeongin at his side. 

When Jisung got downstairs into the practice room with the other members they all looked at him. They were all quite surprised to see Jisung actually looking presentable. Since the whole interview incident, he hadn't looked decent unless the stylists dressed him. 

“Wow, look at you. You look decent for once,” Jeongin said mockingly. 

Jisung simply nodded and looked down, putting his hands in his pockets and rocking on his heels. The others talked for a little as the staff set up the cameras and the music. Once everything was set up, they all got in their positions and started the video. Throughout the practice, Jisung had a few things on his mind. One was Jeongin, but that wasn't too bad. He was just trying to ease his overthinking. The second thing was Felix. Felix’s small gesture to him last night was really sweet but he was so cold about it. Of course he did not expect anything from Felix, but it left him with such a warm feeling after. He sat there for a while after Felix had given him the food just smiling to himself. He knew that Felix hated him but the small gesture just made him so happy. He didn't even realize the song was over when it ended. He had been dancing as if it were muscle memory and he was just focused on his thoughts. 

"Jisung, hey," Changbin snapped his fingers in Jisung's face. 

"Oh, sorry, I got a little lost in it," Jisung said as he came back to reality. 

"Surprising considering you have barely attended practice," Jeongin said. 

Hyunjin looked at Jeongin with a small frown. it was clear Hyunjin was thinking something based on what Jeongin had said to him. Jeongin visibly tensed feeling Hyunjin's gaze. 

"Alright guys let's go prepare for the one take stage. get some rest while you have time we're heading out in 2 hours," Bangchan said as the staff cleaned up the equipment. 

Jisung helped the staff put some things away as the others went upstairs back to the dorms. Jeongin also stayed behind. 

"Hyung, I'm so sorry," Jeongin said, hugging the older. 

"It's ok, Innie. Don't worry about it. I understand," Jisung assured him. 

Jeongin smiled a little and nodded, feeling slightly better. “You did really well!” 

“Thanks, Innie. You did too! Are you excited for the one take stage?” Jisung asked. 

Jisung started up the stairs and back to the dorms as he spoke with Jeongin. Just as the younger was about to answer, they were stopped by Hyunjin suddenly appearing from around a corner. Jeongin screamed and stepped back, falling back a few steps but not tripping completely. Jisung quickly moved away from Jeongin and put his head down. 

“You ok, Jeongin?” Hyunjin asked. 

“Y-yes! Fine!” Jeongin said, stabilizing himself and quickly running up the stairs past both Jisung and Hyunjin. 

Hyunjin just watched Jeongin run before looking down at Jisung and frowning. “What did you do to him?” 

“Nothing,” Jisung answered, his head still down. 

“He’s been acting weird. Like you said something to him. Watch it, alright? We dont need you brainwashing him into thinking we’re the bad ones. You know, if the majority of people think something’s wrong then you should believe it,” Hyunjin said, his voice cold. 

Jisung just nodded, his eyes staying glued to the floor. Hyunjin started walking again, pushing past Jisung as he walked downstairs to grab something he had left in the practice room. Jisung quickly ran up the stairs in the same manner Jeongin had earlier. He retreated to his bedroom as soon as he got into the dorm. His door still didn’t lock. He really needed to fix that. Hyunjin’s words were stuck in his head again. Was he brainwashing Jeongin? He was right, if the majority of people thought something was wrong then something must be wrong. But what had he done wrong? They never said he did anything wrong. He didnt want to make Jeongin turn on the other members. He loved the members no matter how badly they hurt him. But he didnt want to lose Jeongin either.  

“What do I do…?” he muttered to himself. 

He flopped onto his bed and hugged his knees to his chest. He scrolled through his phone, looking at the posts his members had uploaded and reading the comments. He also followed some Stays on a secret account he had so he looked at some of their videos to pass the time and make him feel a little better. He heard the members talking with each other in the kitchen, Jeongin’s voice absent from the conversation. He wondered if Jeongin was in his room still. After a few minutes though, there was a knock on his door. 

“Come in,” Jisung called. 

To his surprise it wasnt Jeongin or Felix or Hyunjin. It was Minho. Jisung frowned and tilted his head, showing his confused expression upon seeing Minho in his room. 

“Hey,” Minho said, his voice was quiet.

“Yes, hyung? Did I do something wrong-? What is it?” Jisung asked, not wanting the awkward silence to last for long. 

“Normally Id come in here to yell at you but like, I just saw what you really said about Felix during your interview and I don’t know I just felt a little sympathy for you,” Minho muttered. 

Jisung’s eyes widened at that. He had given two responses to Felix during the interview they had done. The first one he allowed to be aired and shown to the others, but the second one he had asked not to be shown to anyone. He just wanted an ability to finally tell someone how he really felt. But how did Minho see it? Rather than asking, he rolled his eyes.

“You feel sympathy for me?” Jisung asked.

“Shut up, it’s not like I fucking like you,” Minho snapped back. “If you’re worried that anyone else has seen it, no. It was just me,” Minho added. 

Jisung just nodded, looking down and playing with his hands. He tugged at the sleeves around his wrists. They suddenly felt tight and itchy. He felt his throat close up too. He didnt know why he was getting so nervous. Felix hadn’t seen it. But Minho might use this as blackmail. 

“So what? What are you gonna do now that you’ve seen it?” Jisung asked, his voice cracking slightly as he got more nervous. 

“Relax, nothing. I just wanted to let you know I saw it and that I don’t know, I just kinda feel bad. But whatever. Stop getting so nervous. Jeez you really are over dramatic,” Minho said before walking out the room and closing the door behind him. 

Jisung relaxed when Minho left. His hands were shaking and the sleeves on his arms still felt tight and itchy. Minho said he would do nothing but Minho wasnt always truthful. Jisung would be walking on eggshells from now on, worse so than before. 

~A/N~

dont worry people, actual Jilix is coming soon. it's a slow burn so yk, felix is avoiding him like a little bitch bUT THERES A TURNING POINT SOON TRUST ME