Chapter Nine - Marked

"We have to save Will!" Elizabeth exclaimed.

"No. We are to head back to Port Royal immediately. Not go galavanting after Pirates." Her father tried to reason.

"Then we condemn him to death." She stated sternly.

"I boy fate is regrettable, but so is his decision to go galavanting after pirates."

"To rescue me, to prevent anything from happening to me."

Her father then looked at me. "And Delia. What were you thinking? Your mother is terrified for you."

"I had to sir. Elizabeth is like a sister to me."

It wasn't a lie. She really was. Not that I ever really told her. But I wasn't going to tell them that I was trying to escape with Jack to become a pirate like my father.

"If I am be so bold, as to inject my professional opinion. The Pearl was listed after battle. It's very unlikely she'll be able to make good time. Think about it. The Black pearl. The last real pirate threat in the Caribbean mate. How can you pass that up? " Jack said.

"Well unlike you Mr. Sparrow. I don't do things just for the benefit of myself." Commodore Norrington Said

The commodore starts to walk.

"Commodore, wait! Please do it for me... As a wedding gift."

Everyone including you was shocked. She wouldn't really go through with it would she?

"Wedding.... Oh I love weddings. Drink all round!"

You tried to hide your laugh at Jack's ridiculousness.

"Lock him in the brake."

Jack was being pushed down the stairs. When Commodore Loes spoke "Wait Norrington. Delia must go with him. But before that; she must be marked."

"No!" Jack said in a loud tone.

"Marked? Jack, what does he mean?"

Jack just looked down at his wrist.

"Men hold her still." Two men came behind you and held your shoulders tight.

"What are you doing?! Let me go!"

"Oh don't worry they will once this is over." Leos said as he walked to a huge pot of coles. And pulled out a metal stick that had a P shaped stamp.

"James stop this! She's done nothing wrong." Elizabeth pleated.

"He can't, it's the law." Her father said sorrowfully.

Leos walked to Delia and took her wrist. "Ben please, you don't need to do this." You said under a whisper.

"It's Commodore Leos to you, Miss Williams. Now I suggest you don't hold your breath. It tends to make things worse."

And with that the stamp made contact with your skin. And you screamed more than you ever had. It was the most painful thing ever.

Jack couldn't bear to watch, turning his head away. Still able to hear you scream.

Leos had the marker on you for what seemed like forever.

"Leos! I think that's quite enough. She marked." Swann said.

"Just one moment more."

A few moments later the contact had been broken. And before you could even look down at the damage made Leos grabbed your wrist and made you wince in pain.

"That will teach you not to join in piracy. Lock her in the cabin!"

You then were pushed to the Cabin, tears still running. Once you were alone you looked down at your wrist. What once was clean, was now blistered and burned to a crisp. 

You had been Marked.