Chapter One - The Ceremony

"CORDELIA!" Her mother called out.

"What?" She called from the top of the stairs.

"Are you almost ready?"

"Yes Mother." Cordelia was dreading today. She had to stand in the building hot sun, whilst in a heavy, chromosome dress. Not that she minded wearing dresses she loved them but not when she had to stand in them for hours on end.

The maids came rushing in with a royal blue gown with flower embroidery all over the fabric.

"Isn't lovely Miss Williams? Came straight from England!" One of her maids said.

"Yes...I-it's...GORgeous" Delia struggled to answer as she was put into her corset.

"Sorry Miss." The maid said as she tightened it more. "At least you'll be the most beautiful girl in the court."

The maids finished getting her dressed and left her to finish her hair and makeup. Delia pulled out her dragger from her vanity drawer and went under her dress to lighting cut the stitching of the corset so that she could breathe more easily.

She then placed it in the pouch she made along the top of her corset. That surprisingly no one had noticed.

She already had her dad's playing card in her bra and she went to go down stairs to meet her mother.

"Oh Cordelia. You look beautiful. The carriage is waiting outside."

"Thank you. Have you thought about my offer yet?"

"You are not becoming a captain Cordelia!"

"But why! It is a very respectable job!" She took the couch's hand to help her into the carriage. "Thank you."

"For a MAN. You are a WOMAN! Cordelia."

Delia glared at her mother. Is she serious! What? Does she live in the 16th century or something?

The rest of the ride Delia looked longingly at the ocean view. It wasn't that she wanted to become a marine n. She just wanted to get out of the port. She would even leave to become a pirate like her father if she had to. But Pirates didn't seem to come to Port Royal often.

She kept the knowledge of her father close to her heart. She would let anyone know, especially her mother. Could you imagine? She is already very against her daughter becoming a marine, let alone a pirate.

They were at the ceremony for what seemed like forever. She was standing next to Miss Elizabeth Swan. She offered her her dagger so that she could breathe properly but she declined the offer. Which Delia didn't understand.

If you had the option to breathe properly wouldn't you take it?

After the ceremony ended Delia was leaning against a pillar daydreaming of her adventure on sea. A man approached her who seemed to be a marine.

"Miss Williams, I presume."

"It is. Who are you?"

"I'm Lieutenant Loes, I just wanted to come and talk to you. You see I have pretty much everything I could want." He paused and looked into her eyes. "Except for a beautiful woman."

Delia was disgusted. She didn't even know this man and he thinks she'll just go with him like some stray dog looking for a home.

"I see. I'm sorry Lieutenant. But I'm not the type to just go with a man I don't know. And if I'm being completely honest. I'm not into cookie cutter men who wear a uniform and a wig." Delia said strongly.

And walked away escaping in the sea of dresses.