Chapter Four - Will's Past

"When I was a lad, my mother raised me by herself." Will said out of the blue. "When she died, I came out here looking for my father."

"Is that so?" Jack said as he walked his way to the quarter deck.

"My father? William Turner?, In the jail, it was only after you knew my name, you agreed to help. Since that's what I wanted I didn't press that matter." Will came up to Jack. "I'm not a simpleton, Jack. You knew my Father."

"I knew him." Jack stated. "Probably one of the few who knew him as William Turner. Everyone else just called him Bootstrap or Bootstrap Bill."

"Bootstrap?"

"Good man, Good Pirate."

'Pirate no way' Delia thought as shock spread across my face.

"I swear you look just like him."

"It's not true. He was a merchant sailor, a respectable man who obeyed the law."

Jack just rolled his eyes. "He was a bloody pirate, a scallywag."

"My father was NOT a pirate." He drew his sword.

"Put it away son, it's not worth you getting beaten again."

The conversation went on and on until Will was hanging off the mast.

"Now, as long as you're just hanging there, pay attention. The only rules that really matter are these: What a man can do, and what a man can't do. Now you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man or you can't. But pirate is in your blood, so you'll have to square with that someday.

Will was struggling.

"Now, me for example, I can let you drown. But I can't bring this ship into Tortuga with just me and Delia alone. Savvy?"

He swung Will back and he landed on his back. " So.... Can you sail under the command of a pirate?" He flipped the sword so Will could take it. "Or can you not?"

"Honestly, I'm surprised you're not more open to being a pirate or having pirates in your blood; I mean you're a naturally amazing sword fighter, you taught me everything I know. "

"I can't believe you're not just open, but wanting to become one."

"Will" You just sighed and walked up to the quarter deck where he was standing looking down at you. "You're not the only one with pirates in your blood. My father was the same. Pretending to be a sailor to cover up the fact that he was a pirate to protect me."

"Wait, wait, wait. Hold on you mean-"

"Aye, Mitch Williams was a pirate just like your father. And you definitely have his character, Delia." He looked over at you.

You smiled. "Tortuga, Captain?"

"Tortuga."