Chapter Six - "Not All Treasure Is Silver And Gold"

Delia was looking through the water that was crowded with abandoned ships. Hoping that the Blue Crest wasn't out here.

"Put in a chill in the bones, how many honest sailors have been claimed by this passage." Mr. Gibbs spoke quietly.

"How exactly did Jack come across that compass?" Will turned to Mr. Gibbs and looked at Jack skeptically.

Jack was at the wheel, checking his compass making a slight correction to their course. Navigating the graveyard of dead ships.

"Not a lot's known about Jack Sparrow before he showed up in Tortuga with a mind to go after the treasure of Isla De Muerta. That was before I'd met him, back when he was the Captain of the Black Pearl."

It didn't surprise you that he was the Captain of such a ship. I mean he practically knew every to know of the ship.

"He failed to mention that" Will added a little hurt he didn't tell him.

"Will, he plays things close to the vest now. And a hard lesson it was. See three days out on the venture the first mate comes to him and says everything's an equal share - that should mean that location of the treasure too. So, Jack gives up the bearings." Gibbs sadly shook his head. "That night there was a mutiny."

He sat down and Bell and Will came close so he could continue his story.

"They Marooned Jack on an Island, and left him to die. But not before he'd gone mad with the heat."

Ahh. so that explains the...." Will did an impersonation of Jack.

I punched him in the arm. How could he be so insensitive? You rolled your eyes. Boys.

Gibbs continued to tell how Jack was left with a one shot pistol. And that he got off the island with the same shot still. Oh but he won't use it. Saving for his evil first mate.

"Barbossa?"

"Aye. young lady."

He explained that Jack spent the night three day and nights hiding in the fad, until he found a group of sea turtles and the next morning he tied a couple sea turtles together and made a raft to escape.

What did he use for rope?

Gibbs paused, realising he had no idea. Until the shadow of a man came over them.

"Human Hair from me back." Jack explained. Shouting at the to let go of the anchor. "Delia, William and I are to visit the shore."

"Aye, Captain, Aye!"

Will and Delia, still in ear shot Jack, explained that if anything were to happen, to keep to the code.

We had gotten into the long boat and were going inside the caves.

"Jack what exactly is the code to keep if the worst is to happen?" Will questioned.

"The Pirates code."

"The Pirate code? You mean; any man who falls behind gets..."

"Is left behind, Aye." Jack said. Wow this girl knew a lot.

"No heroes amongst thieves, eh?" Will said skeptically.

"You know for having such a bleach outlook on pirates, you're well on your way to becoming out." Delia said knowing it would probably trigger something in him.

"Indeed. You sprung a man from jail, commandeered a ship of the fleet, sailed with a buccaneer crew out of Tortuga."

Delia noticed Will gazing at the treasure through the water "And you are obsessed with treasure."

Will got out of the boat and tied it up. Jack took Delia's hand to help get out and lead to where they could see what was going on.

"I am NOT obsessed with treasure!" he argued back.

"Not all treasure is silver and gold mate."

They were leaning against a large rock where they could see Barbossa yelling a speech about the curse.

"Gentlemen, the time has come! Our salvation is nigh! Our torment is near an end!"

Elizabeth was standing behind a tome like chest. "Elizabeth." Will moved forward ready to pounce.

"Here it is! The cursed treasure of Cortes."

"Not yet mate." He pulled Will back. "We must wait for the opportune moment. He rushed down a tunnel to get a better look.

"When's that? When is it of greatest profit to you?" Will started to get angry.

"Shush! Shush!" Jack spun around to will with his finger on his lips. "May I ask you something? Have I ever given you reason not to trust me?" He waited. "Do us a favour. I know it's hurt for you, but please, stay here and try not to do anything Stupid."

"I can't wait to save Elizabeth and just be free living on the seas." Delia whispered, not realizing she spoke out loud. Jack smirked to himself.

"Will?!" You scolded as his came behind Jack with an oar.

Jack turned to see what Will was going, as he did so Will hit him right in the head.

"Jack!" you knelt down next to him. "Are you crazy?! What are we going to do now?"

"I'm sorry Delia. I'm not going to be his leverage. Or him risking Elizabeth's life."

"Leverage? What are you talking about?"

"It doesn't matter. Just; come with me and we'll get Elizabeth. I don't want you getting hurt."

"No. I'm not leaving Will. I want a life of freedom and fun, not being stuck back at Port Royal waiting for some man to marry me, just so I can cook and clean whilst he goes to work."

"Delia." He said hoping I would change my mind. "Come on."

"No. Go without me. I'm staying here with Jack."

"Fine." He said deferred and angry. He ran to get Elizabeth.

"Will!....."