Chapter Eight - Marooned

Start from the beginning

Elizabeth turned in shock to hear your voice.

Jack ran to you. "Delia!"

"Jack." You said just below a whisper as you started to faint.

Jack caught you before you fell. "I got you. I got you." He picked you up and sat you down on the beach holding you up. "How did you get here I thought, I thought you were -" He couldn't bring himself to finish the sentence.

"Barbossa." You said weakly trying not to pass out. "He- he realised I wasn't dead and made me walk the plank."

"That bastard." Jack looked down at you softly. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah. I'll be fine, just tired."

"Delia. I'm sorry to ask, but, what do you mean he'll be dead before we get to him."

Jack rolled his eyes.

"He's tied up. I think they um; they're going to take him to the caves."

"Jack! We have to go!"

Jack helped you up and started rushing away from Elizabeth.

"You were marooned on this island before won't you. So you can get us off here."

"To what point and purpose young missy! The Black Pearl is gone. And unless you have a rudder and a lot of sales under that bodice of yours." He paused and looked her up and down. "Unlikely. Like Delia said. He'll be long dead before we can reach him."

He walked to a tree and started knocking it and jumping up and down on the ground. 'Trying to find something I suppose.'

"But you're Captain Jack Sparrow. You vanished from under the eye of seven agents of the East India company, you sacked Ness Aport without even firing a shot, are you the pirate I've read about or not."

'Wow I'm impressed. I thought I was the only one that read up on Jack Sparrow. I guess not."

He pushed her back and opened up what seemed to be an underground cabin. He walked out with three bottles of rum. 'Of course.'

He passed one to Elizabeth. "Welcome to the Caribbean love." He gave me one and we walked.

She rushed in front of us. "So... Is there any truth to the other stories."

"Truth." Jack stopped and looked her dead in the eye.

He put down his bottle. Pulled up his sleeves revealing his pirate branding scar along with a terrible scar from a sting as it looked. But knowing Jack it was probably some monster or pirate trying to kill him. "No truth at all."

We sat down on the ground looking out at the water. "We have about a month. Keep a weather eye open and look for passing ships."

"And what about will. We have to do something." She said in a saddened tone.

"You're absolutely right." He lifted up his drink. "Here to you, Will turner."

Elizabeth sat next to him as you stayed standing. "Drink up me hearties you ho."

"What was that Elizabeth?"

"It's Miss Swan. Nothing; just a song I learned as a child when I thought it would be interesting to meet a pirate."

"Well let's hear it."

"No."

"Oh come on, we've got the time."

"No! I'd need a lot more to drink."

"How much more?"

"You know." You paused sitting down next to Elizabeth. "My father taught me the same song along with another. But I can't sing it."

"Why not?" Elizabeth looked at you questionably.

"Because the song it's cursed."

"Cursed?"

"Indeed. It's the song of mermaids."

"Mermaids!?" You nodded. "Can you please sing just a bit of it. And besides if it was cursed then why would your father teach it to you?"

"I've often wondered that. But who knows maybe he knew a mermaid."

"You know, there are not many mermaids around here. You have to go to the deep waters. So if you want to sing it you can."

"I suppose. All though I don't really remember much of it." You paused for a moment before you started to sing.

"My heart is pierced by Cupid; I disdain all glittering gold. There is nothing can console me; but my jolly sailor bold."

Jack looked at you in aww. You had the most gorgeous voice he had ever heard. And he had heard even mermaids themselves sing but your voice was truly magic.

* * * * * * * *

You woke up to the smell of smoke in the air. You had a pretty crazy night dancing around the fire whilst singing Elizabeth's song.

You turned to see Elizabeth burning everything in sight.

"Jack!" You shook him trying to wake him. "Jack!"

His eyes sprung open and he turned to see the thing you were staring at.

"No! Not good! Stop! Not good!" We ran to elizabeth.

"What are you doing!? You've burnt everything, the food, the shade..."

"The rum!"

"Yes the rum is gone!"

"Why is rum gone!?"

She looked at me and Jack. "One, because it is a vail drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two that single is over a thousand feet high; the whole royal navy is looking for me, do you really think there is any chance that they won't see it?"

"But why is the rum gone?!"

She turned and sat. "You'll see Captain Sparrow. Give it one hour, maybe two. Keep a weather eye open and you will see white sails on the horizon."

Jack pulled out his pistol. You cleared your throat to single him to not go through with it.

Jack rushed off to the other side of the island.

"Jack, wait!" You caught up to him as he was talking to himself.

"It must have been terrible for you Jack. Oh, it must have been terrible." He was impersonating Elizabeth in a terribly inaccurate but funny voice. "Well it is bloody now."

"Jack." He looked at you. "Jack, look!" You pointed out to the ocean.

He looked to where you were pointing and saw a large ship heading their way. "There'll be no living with her after this."