Alternative epilogue

Start from the beginning

Right there Vincenzo comes out with Bianca tears streaming down both of their faces. They couldn't even get the words out of their mouths as they looked at me with sadness. "No no No no she's not gone" I breathe out as everyone breaks.

This has to be some sick joke.

"Fuck" I yell out collapsing on the floor as Leo try's to comfort me. No words could even come out, only the cries of pain. The pain that one can take away. A great pain that will never go away "They're in peace now Lucky they don't want to see you crying" Leo tries to hold back her tears but she can't. Nobody can, it's an emotion that no one would want to feel.

Their gone

My brother Adriano the person who was always there no matter what. My brother who never gave up on me and Athena.

My eldest son Santo. The person who taught me how it was to be a father.

The love of my life. My soul mate. The mother of my children. My whole world is gone all because of a bullet.

I don't know how to live without her. Luciano, and Gio need their mom. How do I live in a world when mine is gone?

I feel as if someone went into my heart and ripped it out of my chest. Actually that would be less painful than this. Anything would be less painful than this. "I love you forever Lucky in this life and the next" we're her last words.

The last time she'll say my name

The last time she told me she loved me

I managed to make it home somehow with Rory. She hasn't said anything but tears are constantly streaming down her face. Going inside, Luciano comes running to me. "Daddy" he yells as I pick him up.

"Hey bud" I kiss his forehead as he looks around. "Where's mommy and Santo? Why are you crying?" He asks and I feel my heart break more than it has.

"Um mommy went on a trip she might not be back for a while." I tell him as his small hands wipe the tears from my face. "It's ok daddy I'll be with you and till she comes back" He smiles little does he know she's never coming back. There's no proper way to explain death to a kid.

"Come on Bud let's go to bed" I look back at Rory who is already downing a bottle of whiskey. "Can I sleep with you?" His soft voice ask

"Of course let's go get Gio" I tell him, putting him down as he races to Gios room. I pick him up out of his crib holding on to him tight.

I hold Gio in one arm as I hold Luciano's hand in the other making my way to the room I once shared.

Luciano jumps on her side making himself comfortable as he is already dosing on. I climb to my side placing Gio in the middle of me and him kissing both of their heads. "I love you daddy" Luciano says before I hear his soft snores.

I silently cry looking around the room. Everything has her.

The mirror she used to take bad pictures of us in. The shoes she always leaves outside of the closet. I can't even look at the picture frames because then it'll be real.

I feel my heart darken, feeling no emotion. There is no light at the end of this tunnel.

There's nothing that could take away this feeling I have in my heart. "Mom, why'd you let them take her. I don't understand. How am I supposed to continue on without her? It was hard enough losing our unborn baby and losing you but losing her is something I never thought I would experience. This pain is not the pain of heartbreak it's something deeper. She is my first and only love. No one can even light a candle to compare themselves to here. Athena my love if what they say is real and you're watching over us please help us. Guide us in the direction you would if you were still sleeping next to me.