Chapter 25 - I've got you, ok?

Start from the beginning

Unless... I look to my left and I think I know where she is.

"Hey!" I say to a girl about to go into the girls bathroom. She looks at me like I'm a creepy pervert and I control myself not to roll my eyes. She's really not my type and I'm far from being a pervert. "Can you see if there's a brunette girl in there, brown eyes, about this height?"

I put my hand in the air where Alex's head would be. The girl shrugs and nods, actually looking relieved that I'm not interested in her.

She gets out after a minute and I can see myself losing my shit if she doesn't start speaking in the next five seconds.

"Yeah, she's in there." She adjusts her backpack and glances back, looking actually concerned. "She doesn't look ok though."

I'm about to burst in when the door opens and I see Alex stumbling out. I let go a relieved sigh, but it's gone when I take a good look at her.

She looks terrible.

"Are you ok?" I ask, but instead of answering me, she takes a few steps to the left and leans against the wall, sliding down and sitting on the floor.

I know I said I was done, I know I said I could keep my distance, I know all the things I said, but one look at her, just one quick look and I know that's not going to happen anytime soon.

If I have to be miserable so she is ok, I will do it. It's wrong, but I will fucking do it. I'd rather feel angry and sad or even hurt than seeing her like this. It's not like I can control it anyway.

My heart twists, because if there is one thing I know, it's that the girl who has my heart in the palm of her hand is definitely not ok.

........................

Alex's POV

"Are you ok?" Bennett asks.

"I'm fine." I say in between my teeth, after a few moments. 

He nods and just looks at me for a few seconds. I don't think I've even seen Bennett so concerned before. He looks.... Well, it's not important right now. I can't think, my head is pounding so freaking hard. 

"You're in pain." He says and I close my eyes, taking a deep breath. I don't answer, I don't have it in me to lie right now, because it's so obvious that I look like shit. "What are you feeling?"

"I have a headache." I say, making it sound better than it actually feels.

"Are you having an episode?" It hurts so much that it takes me a few seconds to remember that he already knows about my migraine condition, so I nod. "Let me help you."

He comes closer and bends down on the floor to help me stand.

"It's ok Bennett, I'm fine, you don't have—"

I'm cut off by his arms lifting me against my will, but I don't have strength to protest. All my efforts are put into not exploding my head. I put my hands around his neck and I lay my head on his shoulder, completely grateful for being with him right now, if I'm being honest.

I don't think I'd be able to make it to the nurse's office without help. 

I feel a sharp pain in my head that runs through my entire body and I let go a muffled scream as tears run down my face. Bennett stops for a second to make sure I'm ok and resumes walking, faster than before.

I hate these migraines so bad, all I want is for it to stop hurting.

"We're almost there. I've got you, ok?" His reassuring voice helps with the pain somehow, but I can't help but cry like a kid.