009

The next day, mei was just texting her friends some stuff. Suddenly, she heard a knock on her window. She said goodbye to her friends and started investigating. She peeked through the curtains and saw camilo. His face brightened up and waved at mei.

Mei opened the window and made a confused face.

"Yo mei, y/n and i were just about to hang out. Wanna come?" Camilo asked.

He crawled in and entered her bedroom.

"Whoa there, who said you could come in my room?" She said and started following him.

"Meimei?" She heard her mom.
"Be right there!" She yelled.
"Get out" she whispered as she went out her room to go to her mother.

"Do you still wanna hang out?" He asked
"Yea, yea. Just get out of my room"

Mei went out and went to her mother.

Camilo decided to wait for her to come back and sat on a chair. He looked around and eventually got bored of waiting. He noticed some crumpled paper on the floor and got curious.

He opened one and he saw an ab drawing. "She likes abs huh?" He said and laughed a bit.

He opened the other crumpled papers and was amazed by how good she drew them. He crumpled them back and put it in a bin. He looked around her table and noticed a piece of paper folded on a corner.

His eyes widened as he saw portrait of his brother. "She drew this?" He was still amazed though. He kinda got jealous that his brother peaked mei's interest instead of him.

He heard footsteps and shoved the paper in his pocket.

Mei opened the door and saw camilo waiting. She groaned of annoyance.

"Ugh camilo, why are you still here? Get out" she said, poofed into a panda and pointed at the window.
"Okay, okay. Just get out" She looked out the window and saw y/n. She made a small wave and mei waved back.

Mei went to her mom and asked for permission.

"Mom, can i go out with my friends? Ill be back before dinner"
"Sure. Introduce me to your friends here next time, meimei"
"Okay, mom"

She went out and went to camilo and y/n. They started walking and mei mentioned that her mom wanted to meet them.

They went silent for a bit.

"Your mom doesnt really like me ahaha" camilo laughed awkwardly.
"Yea, she doesnt like me either" y/n added.

"Well, she wants to meet you guys. Maybe tomorrow night for dinner"

The two just agreed and hoped that her mom wont get mad at them.

...

The next day, ming was preparing the food for dinner. Camilo and y/n arrived at their home and knocked on the door.

Mei opened it and was surprised to see that mirabel was with them.

"Hola, mei, we made mirabel come with us because dolores told us about how your mom liked her" y/n said
"Oh, okay, thats fine"

Ming's eyebrow raised when she saw camilo and y/n. She tried not to make a fuss because they were her daughter's friends.

During dinner, camilo and y/n didnt really talk much. Mirabel did all the talking when ming asked them about something. It was an awkward night for them.

After that, it was time for them to go home.

"I told you she didnt like us" camilo whispered
"Yea, mei, i dont think she'll ever like us"
Y/n said.

"Its okay guys, everything is fine. She likes you guys"

...

"Those two are a little... odd" ming said

"What?"

"Mirabel on the other hand, is a good kid. Dont hang out with the other two too much, meimei, they cause trouble"

Mei scoffed. "Mom, they're my friends. How could you say that?"

"Im only saying what im seeing"

"Im going to my room" mei said

...

Mei told miriam, priya and abby what happened.

Mir: that reminds me of the time your mom didnt like me

Abby: burn your mom

Mir: dont 😰

Priya: are they hot?

Mei: what?

Priya: nothing

Mei told more about them and they thought they werent as bad as her mom thought. Mei eventually just let her mom be and continued hanging out with camilo and yn.