013

"Yo. You okay?"

Carlos went up to y/n and asked if she was okay. She wasnt very responsive to him. She just wanted to be alone for a while.

"If you want, i can turn into a horse and carry you home" he offered.
Y/n looked up at him and wiped her tears. Carlos took off his poncho and put it on y/n. "You might get cold."

Before he turned into a horse, he added a statement, "dont get used to this."

He took y/n home. And just as she was about to enter her house, the fireworks display started.

Y/n watched as the sky was filled with fireworks. Her eyes were fixated at the display, while carlos' were fixated on her.

"Thanks, carlos. I really appreciate it." She said as she returned his poncho.
"Keep it. Its yours now." He said as he pushed the poncho away.
"Are you sure?"
"Yea. I got like 10 more at home. Just tell me if you want more." He said jokingly.
Y/n laughed a little.
"Hey, atleast i made you smile."

...

A few days past and carlos has been helping a lot at y/n's shop lately.

"Hey, mei. Noticed how carlos has been hanging out with y/n more often?" Mirabel asked.
"Yea. I thought she confessed to camilo. Why aren't they hanging out?"
"Maybe he-"
"He wouldn't"
"Did camilo reject y/n?"

...

The two immediately went to y/n's shop and asked her what happened.
Carlos heard their conversation but decided not to intervene.

"Y/n, did camilo reject you?" Mei asked.
Y/n looked uncomfortable with the question and looked at carlos for some sort of affirmation. Carlos noticed this and gave her a thumbs-up.

"Whats he doing here by the way?" Mirabel asked.
"Oh, he's been helping me out recently. I dont know why though."
"Okay..."

Carlos went up to them and greeted the girls. "I think im gonna take a break, y/n. Ill be back in a few minutes." He said.
"Okay, good work, carlos." She replied.

"Seriously, since when does carlos actually help?"
Y/n just shrugged. She was just happy that he was helping around her shop.

...

At casa madrigal, camilo has been locking himself inside his room. Isabela noticed this and asked him to go with her to do some errands.

"What kind of errands?" He asked.
"Flower kind"

They went out and started walking.
"Where are we going?" Camilo asked.
"Why on earth would you reject y/n?" Isabela said.
"How did you- dolores." He scoffed.
"Yea. She told me everything. She's a nice girl. And she's been crushing on you since i dont know elementary."
"Since what?? Wow."
"Yea. And now i think carlos is making the moves on her."
"Carlos???"
"Are you going to do something or not?"
"I dont know. I dont really like her the way she likes me. And i think carlos would treat her better."
"Teenagers."

As they arrived at y/n's flower shop, camilo's eyes widened as isabela smirked.
"What are we doing here?"
"To do some errands. I told you earlier."
Camilo tried to go but isabela trapped him with some of her vines so he wouldn't escape.

Isabela entered the shop as she carried the now tied up camilo.

"Woah." Mei said as she saw isabela carrying camilo on her shoulder.

Isabela put camilo down and whispered, "dont avoid her."
"Im not avoiding her. She's avoiding me." He said as he dusted himself.

Isabela went straight to y/n and camilo to mei and mirabel.

"What did you do?" Mirabel asked.
"Nothing." He answered.
"Yea? Then why is y/n hanging out with carlos? Did you reject her that night?"
"Look. I don't like her the way she likes me, okay? Plus... i like someone else." He said as he looked at the oblivious mei, tidying up a corner of y/n's shop.

Mirabel noticed this and nudged him.
"Mei?? Really?"
Camilo just ignored her.
"You do know that she's only here for the summer right? She'll be leaving soon."
Camilo choked. "What?? She's leaving??"
Mirabel nodded. "Mhm. They're on vacation. And its almost over."
"No. What? I thought they moved here or something." Camilo started to panic a little. He looked at mirabel and asked something.
"Should i?"
"You should confess. Yea. But first, you should make it up to y/n for totally breaking her heart into a million pieces."

...

Mirabel pushed camilo towards y/n, but he resisted.
"Stop being a baby, camilo. Don't make things more awkward as it is."

As they faced each other, they felt the tense atmosphere. They felt really awkward as they looked at each other.

"Hey, y/n." Camilo started.
"Hey" she replied.
"Look, im really sorry about the other night and-"
"Its fine, camilo. You don't have to apologize for anything."
"But, we're still friends, right?"
Y/n let out a sigh.
"Always."

Y/n went to carlos and offered some help.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked.
Y/n nodded, "mhm. Im okay." She said as she looked back at camilo.

He was talking to mei. Mei was really engaged in the conversation. Her ears appeared, showing that she was really happy.

"They look pretty cute." Y/n said as she took some flower pots and went to isabela. Carlos could only look back at his twin brother being happy, while y/n faked a smile.