008

It was getting dark and mei had to go back. She arrived home but it was a bit late.

"Meimei? Where have you been? Its late"
Ming said.
"I noticed mom, sorry i got home late"
"Lucky for you, dinner was just about to start"

They ate dinner and cleaned up. After that, mei went to her room. She started doodling on one of her notebooks. Then, she got an idea.

She went under her bed and took out her secret notebook. There, she draws faces and people and other stuff she doesnt want her mom or anyone else to see.

She kept it a secret, even to her friends.

As she was finishing a drawing of a guy, she noticed some similarities to someone.

Her eyes widened and she drew curly hair on that person. She put down her notebook and took a look around. She picked it back up and went under her blanket.

She started drawing the details and everything she remembered about him. She admired her work and stared at the cieling.

"God, he's cute" she said and started to giggle.

Suddenly, she heard knocking on her door.

"Meimei? Do you want some snacks?" Her mom slowly opened the door with a bowl of sliced apples and oranges.

She hurriedly closed her notebook and stuffed it on the side of her bed. She acted cool but started to sweat.

'Please dont find the notebook. Please dont find the notebook' she thought to herself. She scooted a little bit to where she stuffed the notebook.

With her mother's eagle eyes, she couldnt hide anything from her, unless she really hid it.

Ming noticed the notebook stuck between the bed.

"Oh, meimei, your notebook will be ruined" she took it and tried to uncrumple some of the pages as she opened it. "Is someone tutoring you?" She asked.

The first pages were about math. As ming continued to flip the pages, she notices more and more drawings.

Mei was panicking and didnt know what to do. She tried to pull the notebook away but ming was interested in her drawings.

"You're really good at drawing, meimei. Why dont i enroll you in a drawing class" she said.

Mei was surprised to see that her mom actually liked her drawings. But she was only on the half part of the notebook. She continued flipping pages when she stumbled upon an ab drawing.

"Whats this?" She said as her eyebrows furrowed.

"Mom, its not what it looks like. Really"

She continued flipping page after page. Her notebook contained mostly boys. And at the last occupied page, she saw him.

Ming's eyes widened. She looked closer.

"Is this... that boy that tried to touch you?!" Ming said and looked at her daughter.

"Its nothing, mom. Its really nothing"

Ming let out a long sigh and sat with mei.

"Mei, we've been here before. If you wanna continue drawing, ill let you... just... please dont draw these half naked men again"

Mei just stayed silent. She just pursed her lips and nodded.

Ming left her room and mei buried her face on a pillow.

She didnt tell her friends about what happened because the notebook was supposed to be a secret of hers.

She just threw out her notebook and replaced it with a completely different one.