003

Mei woke up and noticed that it was dark out. She was unfamiliar with the room and started looking around.

She opened her phone and texted her friends.

Mei: hey guys
I just woke up
We arrived at colombia a while ago
What are yall up to?

She waited for them to reply, but nobody answered. She went back to bed and closed her eyes.

"I hope im just dreaming"

...

"Meimei? Are you awake? Breakfast is ready" Ming said while preparing her breakfast.

"Coming"
She stood up, eyes still closed and walked straight to a wall.

Ming heard the loud thud and ran towards her.
"Meimei, are you okay?"
She groaned and stood up.
"Im fine, mom. Im just really sleepy"

...

After they ate breakfast, they heard someone knock on the door.

"Ill get it" mei said and opened the door.

She saw a girl, maybe older than her. She was taller, had short curly hair and glasses.
"Hola, im mirabel madrigal. Nice to meet you. And welcome to encanto" she said happily.

Behind her was an old woman. Around her 70s. "Hola. Welcome to encanto"

"Uhh hola" mei said.

Ming saw them and invited them in.

...

After a while, mirabel and her grandmother excused themselves and went on their way.

"They're nice, arent they?"
"Yea"
"You should be friends with mirabel. She seems nice"
"Sure, mom"

...

Mei was bored. Her friends are in another country and she didnt know anyone in town, except for mirabel and her grandmother.

She decided to take a walk around town.

...

"Mom, im going out"
"Where are you going?"
"I dont know. Im just gonna take a walk and come back before dinner"

She headed out and started walking. She looked around and noticed people staring at her. She wondered if it was because she was new in town, is chinese, or because of her red hair.

She shrugged and continued walking.

She found a cute flower shop and went inside. She looked at the flowers and admired them.

"Red hair!" A kid yelled. Then she heard a muffled voice.
"Nicolas! Dont do that. Its rude" a girl said while covering the little boy's mouth. He nodded and she let go of him.

The boy went up to Mei and greeted her.
"Hola red hair, my name is nicolas"
Mei giggled and shook the boy's hand.
"Hola nicolas, my name is Meilin Lee"

With that, the kid ran away laughing.

"Im so sorry about that. He just blurts out what he sees" the girl said
"Oh, its fine. No harm done" mei smiled

"Uh im y/n, y/n l/n. And my family runs this flower shop. Are you new here?"
"Yea, we just arrived here yesterday. And im Meilin Lee. Nice to meet you, y/n"
"Nice to meet you too"

...

Days past and mei started to visit the flower shop more often. She got to know y/n's family and Nicolas just calls her red hair.

She would tell her friends about her time there. And they would tell her about stuff they did.

...

One afternoon, mei and y/n were just talking about stuff.

Isabela walked in the flower shop and greeted them. Pollen fell from her dark purple dress scattered on the floor.

"Hola, y/n. Are the pots ready?"
"Mhm they're right over there"

With just a flick of isabela's wrist, flowers grew and blossomed on the pots. Y/n watched in awe and mei got surprized by what she did.

"Whoa... you got powers?" Mei asked

Isabela tilted her head a little, a little surprised about what she said. She thought that everyone in town knew about the magic. She walked towards mei and leaned closer.

"Are you new here?" She asked
Mei felt flustered and her tail suddenly appeared.

Isabela jumped back a little. Y/n's eyes widened, amazed by what mei did.

Mei laughed nervously and tried to hide her tail, but ended up revealing her ears too. She pat them several times and ended up transforming into her red panda self.

Poof. Pink clouds filled the shop. Y/n and isabela were coughing and fanning the pink clouds away.

(Idk if it was pink clouds or pink smoke... so lets stick with pink clouds)