like they used to before

Start from the beginning

———

Once the power and paramedics arrived, Lena watched as Edge was taken into custody, a smile on her. "You know these charges are never gonna stick, right? You better run. Cause when I get back, I'm gonna crush you," Edge threatened.

"Well, you know where to find me. My name's on the building," Lena said right as Edge was shoved into the back of a police car.

Then Iris slowly walked up to Lena, an awkward smile on her. "Thank you for letting me borrow this. Although, I may have to expense you another one, cause I think the police are gonna wanna look at this."

"Oh, well, it actually belongs to CatCo, so, technically, it's your property," Iris told her and Lena smiled.

"You wanna know why I'm not a killer?" She asked and Iris wiggled her eyebrows in curiosity. "Friends."

"Well, that's what friends are for. We get each other through dark times, like you did with Mon-El," Iris said but Lena's expression dropped.

"Yeah, Iris...I saw Mon-El. He was here with Supergirl-"

"Yeah, I know," Iris said but Lena looked confused. "It's complicated. I'll tell you about it later."

And then James walked up to the girls in a suit. "You guys okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah. I am actually better than I have been in months," Lena said before she smiled at James. "You missed all the fun, Jimmy Olsen — excuse me," she then walked off into the building to see her mother as Iris and James exchanged looks.

Inside the building, Lena walked up to her mother, who was being strapped into a gurney so she could go to the hospital. But when she caught Lena's eyes, Lillian sighed. "I'd hoped this time would be different between us," she said.

"It was different, Mother. For the first time I could own the parts of myself that were similar to you without resorting to evil. You did wake me up, though. There's so much I wanna do. And I'm gonna need my Luthor smarts to do them," Lena explained to her.

"Well, at least it wasn't a total waste," Lillian smiled. "You should've let me kill him."

"You know, one day, you'll understand there's a different way of doing things," Lena said.

"Maybe you can enlighten me when you visit me in prison. If I'm still there," Lillian said before she winked and was rolled away.

Iris's Apartment

Iris, Kara, Sam and Lena sat on Iris's couch the next morning, watching as Alex was on the phone, getting the results back from Sam's tests. "Yes. Thank you," Alex said before she hung the phone up and sat down in front of the girls. "Okay, so, all the test results came back clear. No tumor, no blood disorders, nothing. You are as healthy as an Olympic athlete."

"Really?" Sam asked, as the others looked relieved.

"Sam, this is a really good thing," Kara told her. "All of the worst possibilities have been ruled out."

"No, I know, I know. It's just...I mean, if it's nothing, then what's wrong with me?" Sam asked.

"We'll figure it out. We promise," Iris told her.

"But, for right now, just take the good news," Alex said.

"Alex is right. Go home to Ruby, enjoy the now. Every second of this is important to you and it's important to your daughter," Lena said.

"Okay. No, yeah, you're right. Thank you, guys. I honestly...I don't know how I lived my life without you guys," Sam said and Iris smiled. "Thank you."

She then got up from the couch, grabbed her purse and headed out of the apartment. Right as the door closed behind her, Alex looked at Kara, Iris and Lena. "I'll figure it out," she told them.

"We all will," Lena said.

The DEO

When Iris got to the facility that day, she walked down the steps by the balcony just to see that Mon-El did too, from the other side. The two stopped in place when they saw the other, awkwardly smiling. "Uh oh," Mon said.

"You seem to be everywhere these days, don't you?" Iris said.

"Well, I'm gonna help while I'm here. With Reign and DeVoe," Mon told her before the two began to walk down the stairs to the regular level. "And, if you don't mind me saying so, I think we all made a pretty good team last night."

"Well, that idea you had to use Lillian's drones against her, that was a good idea," Iris said.

"Yeah, thanks. Brainy and I did a similar thing against Computo once," Mon said but Iris gave him a confused look.

"Computo?" She questioned. "That's a future thing, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is," Mon said before the two stopped and faced each other again. "I've learned a lot in seven years," and Iris awkwardly nodded. "Hey, look at me," and she did, connecting her brown eyes with his grey ones. "I know this is tough. And I may not know much right now, but I do know that I'm committed to being that hero that you taught me to be. I hope you know that."

"I do," Iris said.

"What...what's that you ask?" And the two turned around to see Winn standing with Kara, while Winn had a big smile on his face, being his normal dorky self. "Has Winslow Schott, your favorite human, finally cracked the case, and maybe come up with a hot lead?"

"What did you find?" Iris asked as she and Mon walked up to Kara and Winn.

"I cross-referenced the meteor impact sites with news reports and hospital records to search for anomalies, and let's see what we came up with," Winn explained before he grabbed his tablet. "This guy had super strength, but turns out he was just a Maaldorian. Then we have a Coluan, we have a Phorian, and then there are these four," and he pulled up four pictures of women on the screens.

Teresa Cunningham
Andrea Towers
Julia Freeman
Sarah Maines

But Kara she...recognized one of them immediately from her nightmare.

"There's no reason for these anomalies. They've survived horrific car crashes, falls off of cliffs. The doctors said it was unpredictable. Like a miracle that they were alive, and completely unharmed."

"So, two of these are our Worldkillers, huh?" Mon asked.

"Uh, maybe, yeah. But which one, or ones, is gonna take a lot more research," Winn said but Kara pointed out one of them.

Julia Freeman.

"It's her," Kara said.

"Her?" Winn questioned.

"How do you know?" Iris asked.

"I just do," Kara said.

"Okay...so, what do we do?" Winn asked.

"We go get her," Kara said.