"Everyone get in the damn car!" Mickey grabbed Jakes hand dragging him toward the car with Danny shaking his head as he followed.

Sam and Emmie chose to ride with Luanne though everyone was terrified for her to drive. They were only 10 minutes from the first location. The girls excitement made the drive very chaotic and Sam held tight to Em's hand as Josh cackled from the front seat. 

"Take a left and you're there baby!" Josh shouted over the music as they pulled into the city of San Elizario.  

Luanne could barely contain herself as she parked Penny. Everything felt surreal as she stepped out of the car. Feeling like a toddler beginning to walk Josh took her hand in his pulling her forward. As she looked up the church and gazebo from her favorite movie were right in front of her. No words were able to describe Luanne's feelings in that moment as Josh walked her toward the gazebo. Stepping inside she looked back at Emmie clinging to Sam staring in amazement. 

"I'm in the movie." Luanne breathed out looking around the gazebo. 

"Let me take your picture." Josh couldn't hide his massive grin letting go of her hand to take her picture. "No have Sam take it, I want you in it. I want to remember it just like this." Luanne said handing her phone to Sam. 

As the two held goofy childish grins Mickey, Danny, and Jake walked up to the gazebo. Danny made sure to hand Luanne her camera that she left in the car. 

"I can't believe he did this for her." Mickey said at a near whisper watching Luanne spin Emmeline around, jumping up and down out of excitement. 

"I can, when you care about someone you'd do anything to make them happy no matter what. We all care about Luanne, but Josh loves her." Jake was quiet watching his twin record the auburn haired girl running toward the church. 

"You want to take a picture with me Kiszka? Wouldn't hurt to have a memory of it too. Wagner! Come take our picture." Mickey handed her phone to Danny as she placed her manicured hand on Jake's chest with a gentle smile. Under her fingers she could feel Jake's rapid heartbeat that matched her own, flushing her face as Danny took the photo. 

It was a little over two hours to their next stop and Josh was on cloud 9. His plan was executing perfectly. He knew the last part was going to blow her mind and having to keep it secret was killing him. She was in the passenger seat now, once again recording everything they saw. Luanne smiling made everything feel right and whole again. 

Sam and Emmie attempted lighting cigarettes in the wind similar to the way Luanne had done it with no such luck. Luanne recorded them with that warm laugh as they cursed up a storm. Flipping off the camera Sam heard Em's giggle erupt from her that made his stomach tumble. Grabbing her face then he kissed Em hard and fast hearing Luanne yelling in excitement. 

"Jesus, no making out in the sacred temple of Penny!" Josh cried out earning Luanne shoving his arm. 

"They can do whatever they please. As long as they don't go as far as we did back there." Luanne said making the two shout, jumping away from each other as Josh's ears went pink. 

As Mumford & Sons began to blare through the small speakers and Luanne turned it up before smacking Emmie's knee to make her put her hands in the air too. 

Well I came home
Like a stone
And I fell heavy into your arms
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new sun

But I'll kneel down
Wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

And I will wait, I will wait for you

Luanne thought about back to the last 3 weeks of her life and the smile that stretched across her face was immovable. Josh's glowing grin fueled her as she stuck half her body through the top of the car screaming along to the song. 

So break my step
And relent
You forgave and I won't forget
Know what we've seen
And him with less
Now in some way
Shake the excess

'Cause I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you

Emmie glanced at Sam who had an unlit cigarette dangling from his lips with his hair pushed back. Everything in her chest felt unwavering as her words shattered any inch of guard he had left. She was no longer going to overthink it. She wanted to be in love. 

"I love you." Emmie whispered into Sam's ear before matching Luanne sticking her body halfway through the top. 

Now I'll be bold
As well as strong
And use my head alongside my heart
So take my flesh
And fix my eyes
A tethered mind free from the lies

And I'll kneel down
Wait for now
I'll kneel down
Know my ground, woo

Sam sat frozen in space and time. He had two options, pretend he never heard her or put his body halfway out a vehicle flying down the highway. 

"I told you I loved you in El Paso, you don't remember but it's okay because I love you!" Sam shouted standing beside Emmie holding tight to her and the frame of the car for dear life. 

Raise my hands
Paint my spirit gold
And bow my head
Keep my heart slow

'Cause I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you

"What the hell do those morons think they are doing?" Mickey said watching the car in front of them seeing Luanne, Sam, and Emmeline hanging out the top. 

"Trying to die." Danny suggested flipping through the playlist Mickey had shown him. 

"Being themselves." Jake replied before going back to singing along to old Pierce the Veil songs he hadn't heard in years. He was almost as happy if not more happy than Luanne in that moment. He had a picture with Mickey. 

The seven of them had arrived in Marfa, Texas with sunlight to spare. They all had agreed to park the cars at an R.V. park for the night so they could rest before continuing their fandango tomorrow. As Luanne walked through the gates of the cemetery from the movie Josh had to hide his excitement. The guy he had spoken to on the phone had given him permission to come after hours as long as they behaved. 

"I can't believe I am fucking seeing this correctly. My dad would freak out if he knew I was here right now Josh." Luanne spoke in a whisper walking ahead of the group while Josh passed out sparklers with a finger over his mouth. 

Emmie had an undeniable smile as she looked at the sparkler in her hand before glancing at Sam. His hair fell into his face as he took her in. The glow of the sparkler lit up her eyes as well as the eyeliner exaggerating the color. Everything he said to Josh three weeks back was long gone as he felt her kiss his cheek. 

"Jake. I think my firework is broken. It wont light up." Mickey turned to Jake quickly bumping into him.

As he flicked the lighter her sparkler lit up illuminating her near white hair. Looking back on the moment, he knew then he wanted to carry her many suitcases as long as he could. 

"Not a firework darling. Wagner even knows that." Jake jested toward Danny who flipped him off. 

Luanne turned around to Josh handing her a sparkler seeing all her friends behind her with them in their hands. As he held the lighter to it she felt tears gliding down her cheeks looking around the gravestones. Taking in everyone's smiling faces she held her camera up recording them then. She would later go back to watch this video every time she felt sad for the rest of her life. 

"Thank you. For everything." Luanne spoke leaning into Josh as she took in everything she could. 

"Are you crying? This is only stop 2 Luanne Faye. How are you going to make it through the rest of them?" Josh said wiping her undereye.

"If I was ever going to go on a final Fandango, I am glad it's with you." Luanne's gentle tone struck him to his core as he leaned down to kiss the top of her head.