"Good", Jake said and took the first file from the stack.

"Umm, Sir?", Ricky asked.

"Yes?", Jake replied without looking at him.

"Are you staying in the office? I mean, the office hours are over so why don't you take some rest", he chose his words carefully.

Jake looked at his watch and indeed the time was over. He looked back at his employee standing over his head, faking his concern of his boss.

"You know, I'm here because I don't follow time and you're there because you do", his lips twitched upwards, but in a mocking way.

"Sorry, Sir", Ricky lowered his gaze and left the office.

Briana was packing her things to leave when she saw a deflated Ricky exit Jake's cabin.

"Hey?", she called out to him. "All okay? Got busted?", she asked with concern.

"He's an ass and you know that!", Ricky folded his arms on his chest.

That earned him a chuckle from Briana because honestly, the whole staff knew that

That earned him a chuckle from Briana because honestly, the whole staff knew that. Work one year with Jake Cooper and you know how cruel he is, and why won't he be? Orphaned at early age, he was left to fend for himself. He made himself capable of what he is today. Anyone would become cruel.

"Who doesn't? Nonetheless, what happened?", she asked.

"HE WILL LEAVE ONLY WHEN HIS WORK IS DONE!", Ricky huffed while Briana narrowed her eyes at him.

"HE-What?", she leaned in.

"Yeah! I'm leaving, anyways! Good night!", he waved and left.

Briana knew she couldn't let him be all alone in the office, no matter how stubborn of an ass he was. She sighed and slouched back into her seat.

After half an hour of scrolling through her phone, she got bored. She looked towards his office and the lights were still on. Briana got confused as to what was he up to and decided to check upon him.

She started walking in the direction of his cabin but stopped. She turned around and went to the coffee machine to brew some for him and herself. Entering his office without a reason was enough to get her kicked out.

She prepared two mugs and walked to his cabin. She knocked the door with her foot as her hands were busy. Without waiting for his reply, she entered. Jake's face was buried in the files. He looked up only to see who was up until so late and came face to face with his assistant, trying to manage two mugs in her hands.

"Yes?", he narrowed his eyes at her.

"Latte! Will help you concentrate better", she said and placed one mug in front of him.

He looked at the tempting steaming mug of latte, sniffling the aroma as it filled up his nostrils.

"But I didn't ask for any!", he squinted his eyes at her.