Chapter Twelve || It's a Date

Wow, this is a long one but I had a lot to write about. It's a little but angsty but there's fluff at the end, don't worry. I think you're all going to really like the next chapter ;))))

Don't forget you're amazing and I hope you're having (or had) a fantastic day! <3 

Percy took a deep breath. It had to be today. He had been putting it off for weeks, no, months.

He knew what he had to do, but he knew what consequences it may bring.

His whole relationship had felt like a lie, it was built on the idea that they were still in love, which he knew was false. She knew that too.

But Rachel overreacts, and Rachel has power, it's a dangerous combination. It was early morning, and school would start in a few minutes. Rachel was sitting alone, at a bench shaded by a nearby oak tree, tucked away behind the school building. It was where Percy had told her to meet him, saying they needed to talk.

Percy walked up to her, and sat at her side, he tried to relax before speaking. Rachel looked at him, she saved him from panicking further by talking first. "So, what's in your mind?"

Percy froze, suddenly he felt the need to lie, to say nothing wrong and that he just likes talking to her. But he has this one chance, he can't blow it.

"I've just been thinking, you know I love you a lot. You're beautiful, it's just... I feel like we're drifting apart."

"What?"

He quickly shook his head and defended himself, saying "It's not personal, you haven't done anything wrong in the slightest. But I want the best for you and maybe we'd both be better if we split up."

"Oh I see how it is. You've found some other girl."

"No! It's just-"

"Oh it's fine Percy. It's fine. I've already found another boy. I don't need you!"

"Rachel please... I don't want to end this badly."

"Well fuck you Percy Jackson! You can go off with that blonde girl now. I hope you're happy. Go fuck yourself."

She stormed off and he was left there in shock. He knew she'd be upset but this was a whole new level.

He took a deep breath. He did the right thing. But although he knew this, the tears began to spill. He covered his face with his hand, he couldn't let anyone see him like this. He ran into the school building, making a beeline for the bathroom. That way, he could lock himself in a stall and text his mum, she always knew the right thing to say.

Annabeth was walking to her classroom, after having taken her books from her locker. As she marched through crowds of people, a certain dark haired boy bumped into her. She looked up at his face, he was covering it well but she could tell he was crying. "Percy? Are you alright?"

But he just looked at her before continuing to run. She let out a sigh, it was probably none of her business.

Second lesson rolled around, and Annabeth was sat in her Maths classroom. She was getting on with her work when she noticed someone tap her shoulder. She quickly turned to face them. It was a girl she had never seen before, what did she want?

The girl leaned in close to her face and whispered "Is it true that you kissed Percy Jackson?!"

"What!?!" She said, slightly louder than a whisper.

"Rachel said you did, after Travis Stoll's party."

"I didn't even go to that party?"

"Just a rumour I heard." The girl said with a smirk, before turning back to her work.