12

Madeline POV

Maybe ms. D was right and i should give them a chance so that's what i'm doing, we're going to my favourite pizza place. They have the absolute best pizza's in oxford, they put the perfect amount of cheese, meat and extra toppings. During lunch we're just making some small talk and it's realy awkward, most of the time i'm playing woth my rings and not looking at either one of them. After a while i get the feeling they want to tell me something but they don't so i just decided to ask "is something wrong? You've been looking at me like you want to say something for like five minutes. Just say it i don't bite. Well most of the times i don't" i tell them and i earn a little laugh at the end. They look at eachother and chris takes a deep breath.

Scarlett POV

Chris and i look at eachother and he takes a deep breaht befor speaking up "well bubs when we first started looking for you guys we were told that the family we chose for you didn't want to adopt you anymore. When we heard that we started looking for you and then we found annabelle. We were on a break from work so we came here as fast as possible. When we got here we asked if it was possible to get custody back over you and we did" he tells. I look at her and i can see she's thinking about it. "So what does that mean for me and jackson?" She asks. "Well babygirl-" i stars but then she interupts "don't call me that" she says sternly and i'm a bit taken back by that. "Okay i won't call you that anymore." I say back "So we got custody and we have a place here we rent together so we would love if you and your brother want to live with us until the end of school" chris says and she starts thinking again. After a few minutes she finaly says something "is it okay if i think about it and talk with jack about it first?" She asks and she plays woth her rings again with she doed most of the times. "Yeah sure let us know before the weekend and it's all okay" chris says and he get a small smile from her while i get nothing but short looks and no eye contact. She can't even handle me talking to her and i don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Chris POV

That went actualy better than i tought. Maybe it was because she doesnnt know what her brother thinks or because she doesn't wanna be rude but i didn't mind. The rest of lunch was silent until she said solething again. "You like to play soccer?" She asks me and a smile immediatly forms on my lips "yeah i like it and i'm actualy quite good at it. Not to brag or anything" i end with a goofy smile and she laughs at me. "Well there's a park not so far from here and our ball is still stuck in the tree i can get it out and we can play a game." She says and i nod.

We arrive at the park and she goes towards a big tree. I look up and ser the ball almost at the top and so does scarlett "just be carefull when you climb up okay. Scar says worried "i will. It's not my forst time climbing this tree" she says with a smile. She gets back woth the ball and jumps down the tree. "Ready to get your ass kicked" she days with a grin on her face "oh your on mads" i say and we start playing while scarlett watches from the bench.

Scarlett POV

Seeing her with chris makes me wonder what i'm doing wrong. Why don't she talk to me like she does to him? Why doesn't she smile around me? What does he have that i don't? I know i shouldn't think like this and i shouldn't feel so jealous but i can't help it she's my little baby and i just want her back in my arms. She's laughing and playing with chris, they're having fun. When chris loses she rubs it in his face, she's definatly a mini me. She's mocking him and he picks her up and throws her over his shoulder. I hear her scream and it looks like she's starting to panic.

Madeline POV

I was mocking him for losing and all of a sudden he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. I start having flashbacks to one of our old fosterdads who always took me like this to bring me to the barn. At this point i'm full on panicking and crying "p-p- put me d-d-d down." I try but my voice cracks. I take a deep breath and try again "no please put me down right now!" I say loud enough for him to hear and the moment my feet hit the ground i collapse and take my knees to my chest. I'm trying to breath notmal again but it isn't working wich makes me panic even harder. Then i feel a hand on my shoulder and i pull away "no no pleas go away please." I plead thinking it was him again. "Hey shh it's okay" i hear a calm voice say "it's okay you're at the park with me and chris" she says while putting her hand on me and this time i don't pull back. "Hey it's okay can you follow my breathing" she adks but i can't and i shake my head. "Okay can you try to blow in my face like this" she says and she blows in my face. I look at her and she nods her head a little to encourage me and i start blowing. At first it doesn't work but after a minut my breathing starts getting normal again. "Thank you" i whisper and i whipe my tears away. "It's no problem mads. What happened?" She asks "i just don't like being picked up like that it's all" i tell her and i get up and i see chris looking guilty "are you okay?" He asks and i walk over to him and give him a hug "yeah i'm okay it wasn't your fault." I tell him and i feel him nod on my head.

After that they take me back to the orphanage and it's time for me to talk to jackson. The ride back was awfully quiet and i get mad at myself for getting triggerd by someone calling me babygirl, like he and his friends used to do, and being picked up. God i'm so pathetic.