Chapter Twenty | Mata Kunti

"Who are you?" Were the only words a dumbfounded Drishti could let out being held in arms of a stranger, with whom she happened to collide just right now when she was rushing to meet the Pandavas and Draupadi

But she happened to bump into this stranger.

Suddenly she felt enraged being ultra pro max late for the purpose she was so fussy about. Her eyes widened in anger as she suddenly pushed the man away before he could say anything "I was already so damn late and you also had to contribute to it!"

"Excuse me—" The man tried to begin calmly but an already hotheaded Drishti interrupted him getting even louder "And firstly who even are you? Stranger?! Did the guards not see you? There all the Panadavas and Draupadi are meeting the whole family and you were trying ro sneak in right? You must be a thief! I am calling the cops!—"

"Cops?" The man exclaimed in confusion and shock and it was clear he was also equally angered by her behavior as he too couldnt contain himself from shooting back "And Devi whoever you are—"

"Whoever I am?" Drishti exclaimed offended at him and saw him wince due to her loudness, enraging her more "Maybe you have been living under the rock that you dont know I am the girl from future! Every soul of Aryavrat knows about me! I dont understand how come you dont know me, must have hurt your head somehwere right?"

"Listen Devi, you are stepping out of the line. I had no intentions to bump into you and ruin my day" He said angrily causing Drishti to gawk in offense he continued "And besides that I dont care if you are the girl from future or past, all I can see is that you are egoistical and ill mannered!"

"You dont have any idea, man, you are getting yourself into grave danger, take your words back—" Drishti threatened but was interrupted by the man in front of her saying coldly "Arrows and words once released are never taken back—"

"Even slaps are not taken back!" She stood on her tip toes fuming in anger wide eyed while he too glared back in his eyes down at her, not breaking the intense eye contact.

"Only if you were not a girl." He said in a low tone glaring at her while she held the same challenging and unbulging look in her eyes as fierce as fire.

"Or what huh?" She mocked back, "It needs guts dearie, guts. So step away."

She pushed him away breaking their cold and icy eye contact moving past him flipping her hair behind her in anger deciding she had wasted enough of her time.

But one question still dangled on her mind, who was he?

***

The castle was not as cheery as it was just an hour ago, that means the chaos has been done. Drishti sighed exasperatedly to herself before entering the ladies room where she was informed Draupadi stayed.