2.14 𝖫𝖴𝖭𝖠𝖱 𝖤𝖢𝖫𝖨𝖯𝖲𝖤

Start from the beginning

"Olly! Olive stop!" She hears her mother's distant calls, but she doesn't stop, wanting to help the boy if he needed it. She peers around the woods, searching for any sign of him when her eyes are drawn to the ground. She knelt down, cautiously picking up a small inhaler.

"Alright, enough let's go," David appears from the treeline, helping her stand. Before Olive can protest, they hear a howl in the distance. Her father, unnerved by the sound, takes the inhaler from her and tosses it into the distance, wrapping an arm around Olive and hurrying her back to the car.

Present-Olive watches her and her father disappear into the treeline. The inhaler falls at her feet and she narrows her eyes, turning back to see that same tree stump from before.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Before she can react, her eyes snap open and she's back in the Animal Clinic, Scott and Stiles gasping awake at the same time she did.

"Hey, Doc they're awake!" Isaac shouts from the corner of the room. He rushes to Olive's side, helping her out of the tub and wrapping a towel around her, pulling her close and squeezing her tightly.

"I saw it, I know where it is," Scott says, almost like he's in disbelief. Stiles nods, pointing to Scott.

"Yeah, we passed it- there's a stump- this huge tree, well not huge now- it was cut down, but big. Very big," Stiles nodded, taking deep breaths trying to ground himself.

"It was the night we were looking for the body," Scott now faces Stiles, and Stiles nods slowly.

"The night you were bitted by Peter."

"I was there too," Olive says, finally out of Isaac's grasp, turning to face them. "I was in the car with my parents- we almost hit somebody. We turned back and I ran into the woods to find them, I didn't even see it the first time."

"It was me," Scott says slowly, turning to her. "You almost hit me."

"Huh," She stares at him, slightly amused. "Small world."

The three turn to the others, excited looks on their faces. But they're met with somber ones in return. Turning to each other, confused looks on their faces, Scott speaks up.

"What's wrong?" He asks, slightly panicked.

"You guys were out for a long time..." Isaac trails off, looking at the floor.

"How long is a long time?" Olive spins around to look at him before directing her gaze to the window, seeing it was still dark out. Deaton speaks up from the doorway.

"Sixteen hours," He says grimly and the three soaked teens share a wide-eyed look.

"We were in there for sixteen hours?" Scott asks in disbelief. Deaton nods, leaning against the doorframe.

"And the full moon rises in less than four."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The group takes a minute to digest what had just happened. Olive hoists herself onto the counter, Isaac right next to her, constantly checking in. Stiles stands next to an exam table, gripping the towel around his shoulders tightly as they discuss their next move.

"No dude, no way you're going back to them," He shakes his head at Scott.

"I made a deal with Deucalion."

"Anybody else think that sounded a lot like deal with the devil? I don't know about you but from what I've heard that situation only ends badly," Stiles turns to everyone in the room and Isaac shrugs from next to Olive.