Her feet may have been wounded by each thorn, by each obstacle, by each moment of harsh reality, but she thought that she won't regret a thing, though she sometimes looked back to her past where she was dancing on flower petals, living in a life where she was protected by her brother and everyone else, where she won't have to worry about anything.  

But it was too late to return.

"Now, if you are willing to cooperate and tell me who you are to the twins, I might just give you a quicker and painless death," Celeste said with a serious expression. "Don't try anything stupid if you are aware of your own situation."

Helen looked at her. Honestly, she wouldn't expect to lose like this, poisoned by her opponent and felt this kind of sensation once more.

"I love you."

Those words repeated in her mind. The voice that never disappeared, no matter how many times she tried to forget.

She laughed.

"Haha...."

She laughed in the midst of pain and everything.

"I fought for my beloved family, only to lose them again and again. I fought for my own survival, only to lose my own life like any others."

With a rather exhausted smile, the woman who laughed at her destiny and her life asked to herself,

"Since I was destined to lose everything from the beginning, why did I try that hard? Why did I hope a lot? Why did Gods even bestow me with... everything just to be taken away? Until now... whenever I'm faced with death... it's always your voice that I heard......"

He was a ghost who never left her alone.

"... fine," she said. "You defeat me, though in a way that I didn't expect. But a deal is a deal. I'll tell you about what you want."

"Go ahead," Celeste said as she kept her sword back in her Storage Bracelet.

Helen smiled for several moments, closing her eyes slowly as she spoke,

"... I am her mother."

.

.

.

.

.

.

"...... You are... THEIR MOTHER?!"

"Yep." 

A realization suddenly hit Celeste. If the woman before her was truly their mother, then doesn't that mean she killed her friends' mother? She even poisoned her with this cruel butterfly!

"Regret in killing me now?" Helen asked with a joking tone as if she wasn't upset with her death.

Celeste could feel that her blood was boiling.

"Why won't you tell me that you are their mother?!"

"Why? Because I'm not their mother! I'm simply a data of their sworn enemy! Every time I see the daughters who I gave up my life for, my mind kept telling me to kill them. Kill them, eliminate them, destroy them. But how am I supposed to kill the children who I died for?!"

Celeste was stunned. She couldn't argue with Helen's words. She could see how she was angry to appear like this, as a sworn enemy.

She hated the fact that she was forced to hate the children who she loved dearly.

She was afraid that she will cause more harm to her daughters if she remained alive as a sworn enemy. And she was fully aware that her daughters won't have a chance to win against her. Not because she was strong and experienced, but because they won't be able to raise their weapons towards her.

Tower of God Fan Fiction: Transmigration[Hope]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें