2• 74 • 86

- The Home of the Dead -

Time passed real quick.

The one month that they have spent to rest their tired bodies finally passed and the train had reached its next destination.

The Floor of Death.

"This is an announcement for all regulars on train. The train....has just arrived at the Floor of Death."

After having a little bit argument, in order to get to see the Floor of Death, Charlotte purposely jumped between Khun's lighthouses. Khun had three lighthouses and now, he, Endorsi and Bam were riding on it to take a look at the Floor of Death from the window. Khun won't let Charlotte use his lighthouse to annoy her, so Charlotte made her own way and jumped to his lighthouse....though it wasn't really stable since the lighthouse was small and only fit for one person.

By the time he was looking at the window, he felt someone landing on his lighthouse.

"Whoa--"

Charlotte who landed on the small and narrow space of lighthouse stumbled and nearly fell though she then moved her body forward and held the window with her hand to kept her balance. Khun was currently squatting on his lighthouse when he turned and lifted his head to see who on earth dares to step on his lighthouse.

"Ah....."

There was a moment of silence as their eyes locked together. He was lifting his head to look at Charlotte who was looking at him with the surprised look as well.

This time, they saw each other's eyes rather clearly from close.

Their moment was interrupted by Endorsi who put her arms on her waist and raised one of her eyebrows, "What on earth are you guys doing?"

Startled by her voice, Charlotte let go of her hand and nearly fell from the lighthouse. It was rather lucky of her to have Khun to catch her hand before she fell down. He pulled her rather close and being embarrassed she was, she lowered her head and pulled her hand back and changed the topic immediately.

"Gosh, that scares me for a moment."

"If that scares you, you shouldn't risk jumping on my lighthouse like that" said Khun.

"You won't let me see the Floor of Death so I'll just have to make my way" she replied nonchalantly.

He sighed.

"I was just joking about that....you really take my words seriously, huh?"

"Nope" said Charlotte. "We all know that it depends on my mood whether I'll take your words seriously or not. I've always been a rebellious girl since I was small."

"How did you get above here anyway?"

Charlotte pointed to the ices that grew on the wall.

"I used those ices as my stepping stones and strengthened my feet with Shinsu to jump up here."

 As Khun enlarged the size of his lighthouse, Bam intended to scold Charlotte for a bit but was defeated as Charlotte used her abandoned puppy eyes to defend herself once more. From below he could hear Altaira mocking him, calling him with the word "loser" after he watched what happened on the four regulars who were riding the lighthouses.

"But this Floor of Death...it really does give chills to people whenever they see it, right?"

The sea was colored crimson red like blood and there were some kind of sharp, huge rocks growing from the red sea. Could they be called as stalagmite? Or stalactite? She never knew the exact answer or the differences between both stalagmite and stalactite. These two words looked identical with each other that it was hard to different them like Estrella and Estelle.