2 • 136 • 148

- Quick Defeat  -

Sachi was surprised to know that both Charlotte and Bam were awake already. Knowing what kind of journey they have just been through, he thought that it would take a longer time for them to wake up.

"Just now," said Boro. "After he checked on Khun, the princess took him away. Charlotte is probably still with Khun. How is Miseng?"

"She still insists on going and looking for Rachel by herself. Although I keep trying to stop her..."

"I see...... we should tell Bam a little bit at a time, about people's death... I mean...."

Sachi sighed, "I'm still worried about Charlotte though. You know why...."

"She lost her sight and her companion. It must be very upsetting for her," Boro said.

"I just hope they don't end up just like Daniel and Roen...."

"What?" Boro was confused for a moment. "Who is going to end up just like Daniel and Roen? Why are you suddenly bringing this up now?"

Sachi sighed in helplessness, "You just can't fix some things."

"Hey! You can at least explain to me before you walk away like that! Sachi!"

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

"You know you've been waiting for this moment to see him cutting off all ties with Rachel. Is it because you are afraid that she might ridicule you for losing your eyes?" Altaira asked her as she walked to the center of the room. "Or because you would rather spend your time with him?"

Green vines appeared from the ground, destroying the floor on the process, as she used them to carefully pull the ice box downwards. She pulled the ice box carefully and gently, all in order not to scratch the ice box.

"If you want to see her getting beaten up and manages to escape in the middle of the way, then go ahead," Charlotte said. "It will only frustrate me to know that I won't be able to kill her."

The two of them knew how important her role was to the plot. To be more specific, it was the secrets that she was hiding that made things important. Otherwise, she would just be an insignificant character.

"Well, it will indeed be annoying if she manages to escape when we are just about to torment her," Altaira agreed. "Unfortunately we don't have space- controlling magic."

Charlotte scoffed. When she felt the ice box was close with her, she reached out her fingers to trace it.

'So cold,' she thought, and it was to be expected since it was made from ice shinsu. 'To think that he's trapped inside here.....'

She was too careless. Removing the bomb wouldn't solve the problem. She was too narrow- minded. And now all she could do was to blame herself. She blamed herself again and again and noted all her mistakes down. All to improve and to ensure the same incident won't happen again.

"Khun is too stupid," she suddenly insulted him.

Altaira was confused and blurted out, "You're not very bright either."

He slapped his mouth lightly after he realized what he had just said.

"At least I know that I have the chance of surviving," said Charlotte. "But with our appearances here, I don't know how dangerous the changes and butterfly effect would be in the future. He has made enough enemies by offending FUG and Workshop. And now, he's going to offend the Zahard Family."

Altaira smiled. At the end, his sister felt the same way as he did.

"You know, in the past, I also wonder if I should let you continue this journey," Altaira said and walked to his sister's side, putting his hand on her shoulder. With a meaningful smile that she couldn't see, he added, "Will you listen to me if I tell you to stop your journey for your safety?"