2 • 134 • 146

- Upcoming War  -

"Why do you cry?"

Charlotte asked the pink- haired lady. Only in her realm that she could open both of her eyes again and see the light of the day, as well as the tears dripping from her eyes.

"Why do you cry?"

She had no idea why would she cry like that. Those pink eyes were wet because of tears now.

"If you are upset because I lose my eyes, then don't worry about it. We could try many other ways to solve this problem," Charlotte said coolly.

But it didn't seem to work. Or it didn't seem to be the main problem.

Sobbing and sobbing, how would she understand her if she keeps sobbing? Charlotte didn't know what she should do because she didn't understand why she was crying. All the pink- haired lady did was sobbing and wiping tears from her eyes, as well as apologizing to her again and again.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Charlotte sighed. She was just like a child sometimes, she thought as she walked towards her and pulled her into a hug.

"Don't cry. It's not your fault. It's just that I'm a very unfortunate person."

"You don't understand," she replied as she hugged her back. "You don't understand."

"What do I not understand? Can't you tell me about it?"

There was no answer. All she did was pulling Charlotte into a tighter hug. Charlotte sighed and raised her head. She looked at the giant tree of her [ Morning Forest ].

'Is it worth it to walk this far when the outcome has been predestined?'

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

"If only you were here to watch this with me, I wonder how you will react, Rashida."

A man smirked hearing the question Charlotte has asked.

"The blessed girl whose name means hope, yet she brought chaos and fear to her home. Rashida, do you really think that this girl inherits your power and your righteousness? But her brightness is simply a veil to cover the darkness inside her heart."

"My pawn, my blessed yet pitiful chess piece... you are the key of this game."

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

Two days afterwards, the content of the three orders were given to the chairperson, Arvin Lou.

 In the administration authorities, "Chairperson's office" "Wisdom", two important figures were discussing about the next steps they should take regarding the matter of three orders given by Zahard.

"For now, we've managed to stop the orders from spreading all over the administration thanks to the quick thinking of a high priest," one of them said.

"Quick thinking.....?"

A big green head with a pair of red eyes with glasses asked. He was floating on the room with only two hands without a body. That person was the chairman, Arvin Lou.

"We said that there happens to be a newly- recruited ranker and the orders came by when he was by himself. But this is his first experience, so he discarded it without knowing it. In the end, every employee under the high priest receives death sentence as punishment for that crime... but for now, we manage to intercept it on our end and file it as a classified mission."

Arvin Lou sighed, "What a relief. That manages to buy us some time."

"But it's only the matter of time until words about this spread out. Since the order would also be delivered to Adori Zahard, the captain of Zahard's Royal Guards, as per regulations."