2 • 140 • 152

- After Hibernating II -

Noah was taken back by her sudden question.

And once again, he felt something uncomfortable on his chest.

'I should have known. She must have gone to see Khun first before seeing me. And the sole reason for her to come here is probably because of the Crimson Red Flower Seal I've put on him.'

"...... you know about it already," he said, trying to appear calm. He didn't want to show that he was upset. "That's why you are here, right?"

"....... I don't want you to sacrifice yourself for me," Charlotte said sincerely.

"Are you telling me that what you see in the room is not what you want?" Noah asked back. "You need something to ensure that no one will be able to damage the coffin, something to protect him. The Crimson Red Flower Seal is what you need, because unless one gives up a large amount of his blood, then there is no way for him to open or destroy the seal."

"But I don't want it in this way," Charlotte argued softly. "I just want to know how to make the seal. I don't need you... to sacrifice yourself for me."

Charlotte suddenly felt the grip on her hand was getting tighter.

"... Noah?"

'I know that she said those words out of honesty. I know that she's a selfless and loving person. But when I made up my mind to give up my blood for someone who I don't really like... I wish you would praise me instead.'

He looked away in disappointment, "I thought that you are supposed to be happy. Yet you are here to criticize me."

She held his hand tighter, "It's not criticizing!"

'If there is one thing that I notice after staying with her for so long...'

"I'm just worried of you! Because it's not your responsibilities to sacrifice yourself for me again and again!"

'Is that she cares for her friends' feelings. She would do anything she can to make me feel happier....... she's so obvious... and adorable.'

"I've heard about it. The price that you have to give up in order to protect me when I was weaker," she said.

Noah flinched when he heard it. The price that he gave up in the past that resulted to his defeat and current state. In order to guide her to free him, to protect her from all sorts of danger, he gave up half of his strength and future. 

He withdrew his hand from Charlotte's hand and held her shoulders tightly instead, "Who told you that?!"

It was supposed to be a secret for himself. She wasn't supposed to know it.

"Who said that I gave up half of my strength? Tell me, who was it?!"

Charlotte looked surprised. She was indeed surprised by his sudden act.

"Is it the puppet? Or Nathan? Which one is it?!"

"......... so it's true," Charlotte said after she regained her calmness. "... I never said anything about the price you paid. So.... it's true that you are getting weaker... because of me....."

"....................." Noah had nothing to say.

"Noah... you are one of the sincerest people I've ever met. No, you are probably the sincerest one," she said as she raised her hand and held his right hand.

[ Healing ]

She pulled his right hand away from her shoulder and continue to heal him with a sincere but bitter smile.