2 • 122 • 134

- Numbered Days -

The pink- haired lady remained quiet in the space. She was meditating when she sensed that there was something off, something foreign has entered the space. She stood up from the place she sat under the tree and walked towards a certain place.

Reaching a certain place which turned out to be a pond, she looked at the pink lotus buds that were starting to open a little. She frowned as she looked at those lotuses. 

When she opened her right palm, she gathered her strength and aimed it to the pink lotus buds.

"Grow faster," she spoke. No, she ordered those lotuses.

And after that, something strange happened. Black mists surrounded those lotuses, blocking the lotuses from her power. The black mists were surrounding the lotuses, as if they were the reason why the lotuses couldn't open themselves when she was sure that they were supposed to bloom at that time. The fact that she found the energy was rather familiar shocked her.

'How can this be?'

She closed her right hand and withdrew her palm.

'This power... how can a power similar to his power appear?'

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

Bam put Charlotte right on the bed of her room.

He stared at her for a moment before he frowned and looked at her in worry. He put his hand on her forehead, watching the girl slept soundly without being aware of her surroundings.

"Reckless."

It would have been better if at that time he wasn't restricted by the vines that his sister made with her lotus power. He could have followed her inside and protected her if she was in danger, if her sworn enemy attempted to harm her.

But when he saw her smile that day, saying that she would be back soon, he knew that there was something wrong.

His sister was no longer the same child who was hiding at his back, a child who was very mischievous and childish. No one could live as an innocent child for the remaining of his life and the same thing was happening to his cute sister. Once she relied on him, but now she was walking at her own road and path.

Charlotte was no longer a child. And it worried him to know that she would one day leave him.

'I am proud with your development, my sister. But in the same time, your fast improvement worries me. I am worried that I could no longer be a place for you to rely on... and I am worried that one day  you will surpass me. Because when that time comes, I could no longer stand in front of  you and protect you again.'

When that time comes, she would be standing in front and protected him instead.

'Is this what Khun and the others feel? Worried that they might not be able to catch up with me, worried that because of the difference in our strengths, they might just be burdens to me and get left behind?'

'Even so, I couldn't stop, because I have to get stronger to protect who I cherish. I need the power where I could make them feel safe and sound, and so that I won't be a pawn who everyone could take advantage easily.'

But pondering about his thoughts again while looking at his dearest sister, he was sure that she must be thinking about the same thing.

He could understand it, but he wished that his little sister could be a little bit selfish.

At that moment, someone knocked the door.

"It's me," said the voice.

"Come in," he permitted.