Chapter 2

"Come on Boss, please!"

"No."

"Jungkookie's right Y/N. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity,"

"Oh Please Namjoon, You don't know him like I do, that man is the devil wrapped up in a Balenciaga blanket made of fire!"

"Who? Jungkook or Yoongi?"

You shot the tall man a look, "Yoongi!" You looked at your assistant, "Although Jungkook's not too far off right now."

"Boss, you know better than to attack the messenger," Oh, how badly you wanted to chuck the 'messenger' head first into the cheesecake in front of you.

You and Min Yoongi had a very interesting past, having met years before, prior to your first semester of University, ( you met Namjoon near the end of your final year, although that turned out leaps and bounds different, compared to the hairless chicken that was Min Yoongi). Even thinking about him made your stomach churn with hatred and hurt made your head ache as though someone was grating your scalp off on a cheese grater.

Namjoon and Jungkook thought it was a wonderful idea to have your weekly lunch in a hustling bustling restaurant today, but you felt nauseous, and you knew they only chose it so you wouldn't secretly murder them in a secluded area. Hidden in plain sight.

Cowards.

"Besides," your assistant continues while sipping on his cola, "It's not like you can say no to the mayor."

"Yeah, not to the mayor," Joon chirps,

You fold your arms over your chest, "That's a great point Diane, Thank you so much for bringing that up."

"Boss, you know full well that sassing us with Tiktok references isn't going to distract us from the matter at hand. You have to do the job! You'd be stupid not to,"

Jungkook wasn't moving off it, he just didn't understand what could be so bad about this Woongi guy that would make you avoid one of your biggest dreams.

Sighs left your exhausted body, "Listen guys, it's just a lot of work, I have to get it authorized by the big boss and besides the budget's definitely going to be tight if its a government gig, I'll just be stressed out and busy all the damn time, I haven't even been home for my birthday in three years and I won't be able to do that If I take it up-"

"I never thought of you as lazy."

The younger one chokes on his drink,

"Excuse me?"

"All I'm saying is the Y/N I know, the one I've known since her final year in college where she supported herself and worked three part time jobs a week. The one that still graduated top of her class and showed up to graduation in mismatched heels, and almost fell on stage, but gave the most heart wrenching speech ever. That Y/N, wouldn't let anything get in the way of her achieving her dreams, not a budget, not a birthday and certainly not a boy. Besides, the big boss already approved it, Jungkook sent the email to him even before he talked to you."

Your eyes snapped from Namjoon to the doe eyed boy who was stuffing himself with handfuls of fries

"Jungkook!''

"Just the messenger! I'm just the messenger,"

Welp, now you had to do it.