Chapter 1

"Boss! Y/N- hey wait up! I have a project up for you,"

"Don't wanna hear it Jungkookie, you know I'm swamped with the Tannerson gig. Definitely don't need another one right now."

He started walking briskly to catch up with your hurried pace, the clicks and clacks of your shoes against the mosaic pavement floor, falling in sync with each other.

"You're gonna want to hand the Tannerson one over to someone else after you hear this."

You stopped, and turned to face him.

Scanning his gaze for a second, before simply,

"Okay."

You loved your assistant. You really did.

With all the late night crying sessions, spontaneous bursts of adventurousness and sense of companionship that he brought to your life, you would be dumb not to love him. He had these big round, doe eyes, which easily helped him secure the nickname of 'Baby Bambi' around the office, as if Bambi wasn't an infant already. But his intellect was no way infantile, graduating top of his class at one of the best Universities in Architectural Studies and Interior Design, he was insanely talented.

Jungkook was the youngest candidate that applied for the job, straight out of Uni. Prior to the interview, you had expected absolutely nothing from him, he seemed to be one of those type on paper - 'super confident under qualified white dude' - but when he showed up you had understood that not only was he Asian (Kind of his fault on his resume he wrote 'J.K Jeon' and went with it), but was also definitely qualified for the position. He showed you personal projects that he had been scouted for, and those which he had picked up on his own. It was safe to say that somehow he had adequate work experience, he just wasn't all that good at writing cv's.

You had honestly gotten very lucky with that one, he was definitely one in a million.

But sometimes you wished that he would just cut to the point.

"-and the tenders weren't even like, cooked properly! They were like, soggy, it was disgusting. A disgrace honestly, the worst 4.99 I've ever spent. Let's not even get started on the sau-"

"Jungkook!"

He looked at you wide eyed,

"What?"

"How is this remotely relevant to the new project? You dragged me here for it, get to the point." You urged him to hurry up.

You had just gotten out of one of the most useless structural meetings of the whole year, it lasted 4, long, seemingly endless hours, and the whole time you tried not to fall asleep. The marketing team had a 'new and innovative' proposal that would apparently boost revenue from 16% to 17%. Which just happened to be the same presentation that they had put forward last year, and the year before that. You were two seconds from losing your shit before the Director had put an end to it.

The whole time Jungkookie kept stealing glances at you, and bouncing his legs up and down, doing the 'pee-pee' dance, which meant he had something to tell you.

It had been exactly 37 minutes since then, and you still didn't know what he had to say.

"I got a call."

He looked at you expectantly, waiting for any sort of reaction.

"So? You get calls all the time Jungkook, I mean you're always on the phone with that one girl from the food court downtown, and you're too scared to ask her ou-"

He scrambled to stop you, "No No! That's not what this is about. And just for the record I am not scared, I'm just waiting for the righ-"

"Oh, you're so scared! Whenever we get off for lunch there you're always like 'Oh Hi u-uh, I didn't see y-you there, huh?', If that's not you being scared then what is tha-"

"I GOT A CALL FROM THE MAYOR!"

That shut you up.

"What."

He took a deep breath,

"I got a call from the Mayor. For you."

Blink. Blink.

"Why."

"He wants you for the new Museum."

You felt your cheeks heat up in excitement, and you got ready to jump up off the office couch and fist bump the air.

"But wait, there's a catch,"

You were almost too excited to care, this was a project you had been dreaming about. But he, the Mayor, wanted you to design it. All on your own! You felt like you were in heaven!

Nothing was going to stop you from that now.

He continued, "You have to work with Min Yoongi."

Okay, maybe one thing was going to stop you.