Unsolved Problems

Oleander met three other wolves. They all had hippy names so he figured it was something that all wolves had in common.

There was Storm, he was the opposite of his name. He had blonde hair and light yellow eyes. His smile was constant. He had a very sunny disposition.

Verb and Vibe were twins. They were tall with dark hair and dark yellow eyes and they were foreboding. They were Oak's guards. They were quiet and watchful. They were also Oak's grandsons.

Oleander watched them questioning the enemy vampire. Oak asked and the vampire answered. Coming this far was a mistake, so he said. "What do you mean by that?" Oak glared.

The vampire, Aiden, growled. "We were being chased here by a werewolf!"

"What werewolf? Just one?" Oak stared at this vampire. He was not small. He was big and very muscled. He was tied up and Oak wasn't letting him get loose. Vibe and Verb were guarding just in case. They weren't to be messed with.

"Yes, it was just one! He was a maniac! We found one by a cave that said he was alone and we killed him. We left and days later, this one was chasing us, hunting us! Never saw him before and don't know what his problem is!" The prisoner glared at Oak.

"I know his problem, you killed his mate." Oak glared.

"No!" Aiden looked shocked. "That was impossible! That wolf said he was alone, he told us to kill him!" Aiden was pissed. "He begged."

"Why would he do that?" Oak glared.

Aiden shook his head. "He was the one we were paid to kill. A hunter paid us well to kill Cosmo Zavola. We even checked the name. We're not just murderers. He verified."

"Who? What hunter?" Oak was sick of this. "I will have this werewolf punch you again if you don't answer." The last punch from Vibe knocked three teeth out.

"I don't know the hunter's name. That wolf was our assignment. He verified it and it's all he said. Man, he practically made us do it. I left before he was dead. Then like two weeks later, this crazy giant black werewolf found two of us and killed them. I have been running since then. I ran here hoping that you could stop him!" Aiden was breathing heavily. Vibe really injured the vampire.

Oleander had enough and barged in. "Why would he know that a hunter was hunting him? What did he say, exactly?" He was in the vampire's face.

Oak saw fear in the vampire's eyes. He was scared of Oleander. Oak was proud. "Please, that is all he said. I don't know. He just said he made a deal with a hunter and now we were hired to kill him! He had been waiting for the hunter. He had no idea that we were hired to complete the job. He was expecting the hunter."

Oleander stared. "You made a deal? What kind of deal? When? Did he say what the deal was?" Oleander was shaking.

"The deal was that we would kill him. That was the deal with the hunter. Look, I didn't know that his mate was an Alpha or I would never have been involved! None of us would have!" Aiden was shaking.

"An Alpha?" Oleander laughed. "I'm not an Alpha."

"You killed twenty vampires without a scratch, you are an Alpha!" Aiden stared at the wolf.

Oak cleared his throat. "Twenty vampires? That was before you made it here?"

"Yes. There were almost twenty and I am the last one. We were running from the Alpha hunter." Aiden was scared.

Oleander sighed. This just made more questions. He stormed out and sat beside Origin. He humphed. "I just have more questions!"

Origin just nodded. He was stunned at a few things. One being that his mate was an Alpha. "I know you need more answers but that Alpha business is sexy!"