Strangers

Oleander had no idea where he was. He knew a few things that just made more questions. His last memory was laying on the ground in the forest surrounded by strangers.

Now, he was lying in a bed and he wasn't alone. Without opening his eyes he knew that there was a vampire, a werewolf, and two other beings. They weren't human, wolf or vampire but they were there. And there was a cat purring next to him.

He opened his eyes and looked around at the room. He was taking his time. These were strangers and he never met strangers.

There was a woman wearing a gray pantsuit with a burgundy top underneath. It was a nice splash of color. She was pretty. Brown eyes and blonde wavy hair.

There was a man next to her in nice dress clothes. He had brown hair that was cut short and pretty blue-green eyes. Their arms were crossed. He wasn't sure what that meant but they didn't look happy. He wasn't sure what they were but they weren't human.

There was another wolf standing next to the pair of suits. He was very good looking. He had light brown hair, yellow wolf eyes and the same stance as the suits. This wasn't good, Oleander was sure of that.

His eyes wandered to the last person. A vampire. It was the same vampire that he saved and fought with. He recognized him. This vampire was different. He leaned against the wall in a very relaxed position.

He was beautiful for a vampire and Oleander hated that thought. He couldn't stop it though. He had dark brown eyes and sandy blonde hair that was long and unruly. Oleander would drool a little if he had a handle on himself.

He had a quiet way about him that Oleander found interesting. He watched the strange vampire and held his gaze. The vampire was watching him closely.

"Who are you?" The woman in the gray pantsuit demanded.

Oleander stared at her. "Where am I? Who are you?" He shifted in the bed and winced in pain. His back was killing him.

The man in the suit glared. "You answer us. Who are you? We don't like strangers."

Oleander nodded and wiped a tear that he couldn't stop. "Sorry. I meant no disrespect! I followed those vampires. I was hunting them when I found you guys."

The woman smiled. She softened. "I'm Alanis. What's your name?" She hoped that he would feel like he knew her a little. She could tell that he was hurting and scared.

"I'm Oleander Zavola." Oleander wiped his face.

Alanis watched him. "Why were you hunting those vampires?"

Oleander didn't want to talk about it but he didn't have a choice. "They killed my brother," He wiped away tears that he couldn't stop. He cleared his throat and tried to get some control. "Ten months ago and I have been hunting them since."

The man in the suit. "Alone?"

Alanis elbowed him. "Gideon!"

Gideon glared at Alanis. "Well, we need to know if any more strangers are coming!"

Oleander nodded. "My brother was my family. I'm alone, Gideon." He figured they would kill him or kick him out. Either option was death for him. He couldn't live alone much longer. Wolves weren't meant to be alone.

Gideon looked at the other two men and back at Oleander. "You're alone." He just stated it as a fact and looked confused.

Oleander just nodded once.

The wolf watched Oleander. "Why? Where is your pack?"

"Gone. It was a small pack in Alaska. Our Alpha was killed in a hunt. I don't know the details. Only one wolf made it back alive and he died later. I believe it was a vampire attack but I couldn't confirm it. That was sixteen months ago. Our pack fell apart without our Alpha. Many went to other packs, including my mother." Oleander hated thinking about it.

He took a breath to settle himself. "My brother and I were searching for a pack to accept us when vampires attacked. He died protecting me. I've been alone since. I will leave as soon as I...get some clothes." He realized he was naked under the blanket. He had shifted in his sleep.

Oleander looked around and at the black cat that was still sleeping. "Why is there a cat? Is this a snack for the vampire?"

The vampire just smiled as he watched Oleander.

Alanis smiled. "Her name is Jack and she likes you."

"This vampire only drinks donated human blood. I don't like all of that fur. It's very unpleasant." He winked at Oleander. "Hard to get out of my teeth." He smiled a very charming smile.

Oleander would have laughed under different circumstances. Now, he just stared.

"Plus Alanis would curse me for killing her familiar." The vampire smiled a very sexy and charming smile. Oleander almost melted.

"What? Familiar? Uh really, I can leave. I meant no harm." Oleander was ready to leave these people. They were fucking witches!

The wolf shook his head at the vampire and looked at the wolf. "Our Alpha wants to meet you, Oleander."

Oleander stared. He was a little frightened. "What? Why?" He was sure that this was when the Alpha killed him. Really, this was his only option. He was sick of being alone.

"I can't say." The wolf tossed some jeans at Oleander. "Put those on."