XXII

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

Beyoncé isn't sure how fast she drove when Onika told her the address—she doesn't know how fast she ran down the sidewalk to get to said apartment—but she made it.

And she slowed down when she saw Onika sitting on the stairs looking down.

Beyoncé had to catch her breath as she sat down next to her.

It was silent besides the wind, and Beyoncés heavy breaths. She looked over to Onika—who was still looking down while seemingly hugging herself.

"We should—get out of here." Beyoncé announced, there was a park near by. She doubted Onika actually wanted to sit here infront of Safarees apartment.

The shorter girl just got up and kept her head down, following Beyoncé to her car.

Beyoncé didn't know what to say—or what to start with. She was worried about Onika—but Beyoncé didn't know if  Onika wanted her talking considering what went down earlier between them.

She drove silently to the park—not many people were occupying it and she walked to a more secluded area with benches.

She looked back ever so often to make sure Onika was still there—and she was. Not saying a word—not sharing so much as a damn glance. Beyoncé wanted her to say something so bad as they sat on the bench together.

So she waited.

She watched cars past, she occasionally glanced over to Onika just to make sure she was still there—and she ignored how cold the bench was under her bottom.

She listened to the rustling of leaves and bushes around them—being a victim of the whistle like wind.

Beyoncé herself was nervous, a feeling she didn't experience all that much till she met Onika. She was outspoken, she said whatever she wanted whether that was good or bad—and she was rarely nervous. Atleast in her adult years.

But she felt so much tension sitting next to a girl who used to barely speak to her.

She so desperately wanted to hear Onikas voice, for her to say she's okay—that nothing terrible happened—that she isn't mad at Beyoncé for her mouth that can never keep fully shut.

"So..did you like—talk to him?" Beyoncé asked timidly. Referring to Safaree.

She watched Onika keep her head down.

"Y-Yeah." It was soft, barely above a whisper.

She didn't give much detail after that response which had Beyoncé worried. She sounded so panicked on the phone—and here she was so—quiet.

And holding her wrist.

.
.
.

Onika Tanya Maraj

Onika knocked on the apartment door, she had requested to meet Safaree today—to discuss what she's been wondering recently.

Beyoncé was still on her mind—she was so conflicted about what happened.

She was nervous—she liked to think Safaree was a good person—but that's how she naturally saw everyone once she got to know them on a surface level.

She wanted to believe Beyoncé, Kelly, Michele—all of them.

Onika wasn't stupid.

She knew if multiple people were saying the same thing there was a chance it may be true—but she knows by experience it always isn't. She wants to give him a free trial.