I

2 Weeks.

2 Weeks till Beyoncé's 3rd  year of college starts. Many people see college as a new beginning going toward a career, meeting new people—

Beyoncé hated how Tv glamorized college life.

Sure college is full of new experiences—no one said those new experiences were all that great.

Because it was expensive as hell, School could be stressful as hell and she wishes sometimes that she could just be a kid again—but she knows for multiple reasons it would still suck for her—her family especially.

Beyoncé loathed doing anything she didn't enjoy—and she surely didn't enjoy moving everything out her dorm for the summer.

Beyonces family lived in Texas—Beyoncé attended Brown University—located in Rhode Island.

Rhode Island is over 24 hours away from Texas by drive, and plane tickets are expensive as hell—even if Beyoncé did drive gas is also expensive.

Beyoncé was required to move out of her dorm every summer—and with her family being so far away she was lucky that she had friends.

Abel, Kelly, Michelle and Robyn—though they're all yelling at each other most do the time Beyonce is actually grateful for them.

Kelly's cousin lives in Newyork, so whenever summer rolls around she makes the 3 hour drive to go there, Michelle went home ever summer—she really did miss her family.

Robyn and Abel decided to get an apartment together—and Beyoncé decided to stay with them for the past 2 summers.

But she got to visit her family for this one.

Her mother was so happy she got to visit them for the summer, and her younger sister—even though Beyoncé called her brat 24/7–she actually really did miss her.

She spent the summer at her grandmas house with her parents, little sister, and cousins.

She remembers the conversation her and her mother had about 3 weeks  before she left.

.
.
.

Beyonces Pov

Houston Texas; 10:45

It was a warm summer night, it was Houston after all. My mother and I were sitting on the porch  at my grandmas house before I had to go back to Rhode Island.

I sighed setting my head back on the lawn chair listening to the crickets and watched some of the fireflies past by.

I'm at peace. This is the only place—I feel at peace.

I know the feeling won't last long.

"How's college been BB? I want a real answer." I heard my mother ask and I rolled my eyes.

"Everything's fine mom." I stated vaguely—I hated that she could smell my bullshit from a mile away.

I heard her sound of approval—that was really just the nautical understanding that she wasn't going to question me anymore about stuff like that.

"So are you moving back into the dorms yet?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I got a apartment—I'm sick of those dorms." I stated and I heard her little gasp. "Really? Oh my gosh! Your first apartment? I'm so proud BB!" I heard my mother was exclaim and I laughed a little at her excitement.

"Thanks." I quietly let out. It felt nice to make her proud. Though I'd never say it out loud.

"I found a nice place. I've been pretty okay Ma." I say. I guess I should give her peace of mind. I know she often worries about me.