He Always Gets What He Wants

Bakugo was charging toward the two closing the distance. Shinta's attack was clean in execution but during that moment that she landed a blow on him he had grabbed her arm with an ungloved hand activating his own quirk "say good bye to the bone here" he grinned as he went flying back from her attack. The pain then hit her in that single moment from that touch he had managed to break the bone in her arm. Shinta quickly acted and turned her scarf into a sling. Once the dust had settled overhaul was gone, bakugo noticed her arm in thew makeshift sling "What happened?!" He snapped, he had missed what had happened it all happened so fast. Shinta could barely process it herself. "Overhaul messed up my arm. I'll be fine lets head back its getting late" Shinta said trying to hide her pain like she always would. Bakugo growled at her stubbornness "fine but you're going to recovery girl when we get back to the school" he said strictly and she sighed heavily "fine, do you want to just fly back?" She asked him knowing she needed to get her arm looked at asap. He nodded and held on tight to her from her left side since her right arm was injured.

Shinta took off once he seemed to have a good grasp on her she took her time flying back taking a more scenic route. It almost felt kind of like a date in a strange way and she smiled. Soon enough they arrived back at the school. As soon as they landed Bakugo grabbed her arm pulling her to recovery girl. "I know if I don't take you myself you aren't going to actually go see her" he said to her and she just chuckled "How come you know me so well already?" She asked him taking his hand in hers as they headed in to see recovery girl. "Because I'm the same way" he responded "Can I get for you guys?" She asked them looking over noticing Shinta's arm but she waited to see what was said. "My arm, We were out on patrol and I got into a fight with a villain and they broke my arm" she said making sure to leave out who the villain was. "I see, Bakugo my dear go ahead back to the dorms. Shinta will return after I get her patched up" she said in a reassuring voice, but shinta heard another tone underlying in those words. Shinta smiled at him and he grabbed her cheek turning her to fully face him before planting a kiss on her lips. "See you when you get back teddy bear" he said with a smile before heading out and back to the dorm. What had happened today was to be kept between them and Hawks if he asked for the details since he is covering for them.

Once it was just the two of them shinta slowly removed her arm from the makeshift sling of her scarf. The skin was already discolored from it could be tell the bone was in bad shape. Recovery girl was even surprised at what she was seeing. The wound but more so the fact that this wound should be extremely painful and shinta seems relatively unfazed. "Lets get an image of the damage but I will say we are going to have to do some reconstructive surgery on your arm" she said leading her over to the machine. After the imaging she was able to see that both of the bones were broken two places, the breaks were not clean however so she was going to have to remove parts of the bone and replace it with metal to reattach the broken bone fragments. Shinta nodded signing the papers after getting recovery girl to agree to not tell her dad. After about three hours shinta began to reawaken after her surgery. "Alright keep your arm in the sling while it heals. Mind the stitches and be careful with rapid temperature changes on your arm. The metal in the arm is going to make it very sensitive to the temperature. Don't worry though the metal used is treated to be able to withstand the heat of your flames" she explained to Shinta. "Thank you mam" she said bowing her head some putting her arm in the sling before heading back to the dorm building. This was the first time all year she has been able to walk by herself and she was really enjoying the quiet of being alone for once outside. "Man I missed this" she said as the wind picked up and she felt the breeze against her face and through her feathers it felt so freeing to her.

Not long after she got to the dorm building going in everyone seemed to be in there rooms. Shinta decided she should probably let Bakugo know she is back. She decided to head to his room which was down the opposite hallway of hers. Shinta knocked on his door but didn't hear a response so decided to do what he always does and barged into his room. The sight she saw made her smile and she had to take a picture. Bakugo was out cold laying diagonally across his bed part of his head and one of his arms hanging off the edge. Shinta chuckled after taking a picture carefully, which was not easy to say the least with one arm. After putting her phone back away she went over to he bed kneeling in front of him and ran her hand through his hair. "Hey you" she said softly and he kind of grumbled leaning his head into her hand as she played with his hair. "Hey I'm trying to talk to you here" she said giving him the head scratches he was asking for. Bakugo was slowly waking up grumbling again "huh? Shi...n...ta?" He asked in a raspy voice his eyes still mostly closed trying to adjust to the light of the room. "Evening Sleepy head" she said and chuckled before poking his nose softly. The gesture making him scrunch his face at her "hey no touchy" he said as he opened his eyes and adjusted himself so she could sit on the bed with him. "I'm glad your back. So what did recovery girl say?" He asked seeing her arm was bandaged in the sling.