Chapter-13

Next Morning.....

Mina's P.O.V

Argh!! It's already lunchtime, and I'm rushing to the office

Argh!! It's already lunchtime, and I'm rushing to the office. What's going on with me, exactly? My life is a fuckup!!!

I paid the cab driver and rushed into the office after he stopped the car in front of the building. Aish! Ms. Son is gonna kill me today!! But she could have wake me up. But she is my boss; why would she!

I sighed as I stepped into the elevator! People are staring at me strangely, Of course, I am a sweaty mess with frizzy hair.

But I ignored them while trying to fix my hair with my hands and staring at my reflection in the elevator.

"Did you hear Ms. Son's fiance came to meet her today?" I felt my body stop and my mind go blank when I heard their whisper. fiancee? What?

"Yeah! I noticed her. Damn! Ms. Son and Chou Tzuyu will make an excellent couple. I mean, they're both wealthy, and Ms. Chou is stunning." They were conversing as my heart broke into a million pieces and my eyes welled up with tears.  

I exited the elevator, walked towards her office, and stopped in front of her door. The room door was ajar, and a craking sound could be heard. My world stopped as soon as I opened the door, and the ground beneath my feet was swiped away.

They are kissing while she is pinning Ms. Son on the desk.

I wanted to get out of the room as quickly as possible without making a sound, but my luck was always against me. My heels squeaked on the floor, attracting their attention.

"Mi-Mina!" Her partner gave me a death stare as she voiced her surprise.

"Do you have any manners? Why didn't you knock on the door, you moron?" She spat, and the emotions I'd been trying to keep hidden wanted to spill out.

"Tzuyu-" Ms. Son was about to say something when I interrupted her.

"I'm sorry for bothering you," I said flatly as I turned around and heard Ms. Son call my name. I ignored her and walked away.

'She has a fiancée. She kissed her. She clearly loves her. But why do I feel so cheated? Isn't it true that I wanted to keep my distance from her as well? So, why do I want to scream at the top of my lungs? Why is it hurting me more than my previous relationship did? What was I hoping for? Ms. Son might like you one day. You and your fucking thoughts.' While tears streamed down my cheeks, I said to myself.

'I need some fresh air. I need to cry out my pain.' I thought, and the rooftop, the office's quiet spot, came to mind.

I walked there, suppressing my sob with my hand, and then letting it out as I sat on a bench.

I buried my face in my palms, cursing myself for falling for her, and I couldn't stop crying. But the way she treated me, giving me special treatment, despite being cold, the warmth side she showed to me, everything was the reason I fell for her.