Chapter-9

Mina's P.O.V

Have you ever had to let go of someone you thought you could turn into your own? That night, I felt like the emotional attachment you build over time breaks in a matter of seconds

I felt my heart break into a thousand pieces when she said she likes someone. 'Ms. Son!' I wanted to scream at her at that point. 'You belong to me!' But I couldn't, and I realized I already liked her, and I was repeating a mistake I'd made years before: falling in love.

'Aish! Why does everything have to be so complicated in my love life? This time, however, the pain is greater than before. Who will Ms. Son fall in love with? Is it possible that I'm not good enough?'

'How do you think Ms. Son is going to like you? Who are you? A poor secretary who is working under her for money? 'She's flawless, but are you?' My eyes became blurry for tears as my inner voice said.

"Hum. She is out of my league." I muttered under my breath as I rested my head on the car window and gazed out the window.

After bringing Dad to the hospital, I'm returning to Ms. Son's house. Dad's heart pain is becoming more severe, and the doctor has advised him to have surgery as soon as possible. However, the sum is enormous, and I only have half of it. Where will the rest of the funds come from? Why is it that every fucking bad thing happens to me?

It's 1 a.m., and I'm in a yellow cab. I understand that traveling at night is dangerous, but Dad needs to operate as soon as possible. I need to do something; Should I get a part time job?

'At least Mom is not alone. Uncle Haru will be there with his wife. However, the restlessness I feel inside is indescribable. Everything is in disarray! It's a complete shambles! Dad is in the hospital, I can't stop thinking about Ms.Son, and now there's the added expense of hospitalization. The more I am determined to stay away from her, the more I am getting involved with her.' While staring outside, I realized that we were getting close to Ms.Son's House.

We arrived at Ms. Son's house after a half-hour drive. I paid the driver and retrieved my belongings. It's almost 4 p.m.

 'Ms. Son might be sleeping right now. I should take a careful step in, making no noise.' As I walked in with the extra House key, I thought to myself. I suddenly became thirsty, so I walked to the kitchen, leaving my luggage on the floor.

However, I was startled by noises coming from the kitchen, so I grabbed a vase from the nearest table and crept inside through the kitchen door on tiptoe.

Because the lights are turned off, all I can see is a shadow of a girl drinking water at the kitchen counter. 'Who is she?'

I thought to myself as I inhaled deeply and switched on the light.

"What the fuck! What's your name?" The girl screamed as choked on her water. I, on the other hand, was staring at her. She is also wearing Ms. Son's t-shirt and is stunning. Is that mean, they had sex?

"Mina, I'm Ms. Son's secretary. But who- Wait! Did you both-"

"Ani! I am Chae's high schools friend , Kim Dahyun. We finally met after three years, so we drank a lot and she bought me at her house for my safety." She said this as she handed me a glass of water, and I thanked her.

She seems a good person. Is she the person Ms. Chae is fond of? If she does, I am not in the same league as her. She is extremely attractive and appears to be wealthy.

We sat down at the dining table after turning on the light.

"So you're Mina, right? You are simply beautiful, just as she described." I felt my cheeks turn red from blushing as Dahyun said with a soft smile. Ms. Son talked with her about me? She thinks me beautiful? 

"Thank you, Ms. Kim," I said, her chuckle audible.

"Cut the formalities. Call me Dahyun. So, how is your dad?" She questioned, and I gave her a puzzled look.

"Chae told me. You were to your home for your dad. Is he doing well now?" I felt a pang in my heart as she said it in a soft concerned tone.

"He has since been admitted to the hospital. The doctor said that they have to operate as soon as possible." She lightly patted my head as I sadly caressed the glass.

"Don't worry. He'll be just fine. Can I ask you a question, by the way?" I nodded as she spoke in a serious tone.

"Do you like Chae?" I looked at her with wide eyes as she said it. Why is she suddenly asking me this question?

"Um...Ye-Yes? She is my boss-"

"Mina, you understand what I'm saying. Do you like her romantically?"

"Can you tell me why you're asking?" I inquired, a little irritably. I don't believe I have to respond to her personal questions.

She sighed and put her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm not sure if you like her or not, but it appears that you do. Mina ,Chae is an extremely sensitive person. And you're aware of her. Please before taking any step think about her for once." I was puzzled by what she said in a sincere tone. Why is she telling me this? Ms. Son doesn't seem to like me. Maybe she still doesn't know about the person Ms. Son like.

"Could you explain why you're saying this?"

"As her best friend, I thought I should. By the way, I'm too tired right now. You might be tried also. Let go back to sleep. " she said as she let out a long yawn.

We walked to our rooms after I stood up and nodded. She'll be in Ms. Son's room, while I'll be in mine. But I'm not sure why thinking about her sleeping with Ms.Son makes me sad or hurt.

"Mina?" She called just as I was about to shut the door.

"Don't mind my questions. And, please, look after her, okay?" I nodded as I closed the door, and she said with a smile on her face.

I tossed myself on the bed, buried my face in the pillow.

'What made her ask that question so abruptly?' Is it true that I'm so obvious about Ms. Son? Or does she believe Ms.Son is attracted to me? Ugh! Mina, you should put her out of your mind and cut the string. She is not and will never be yours.' with the thought I closed my eyes and fell asleep.