Chapter-8

Chaeyoung's P.O.V

Love is a stranger thing

Love is a stranger thing. You never know when, how, or for whom you will fall. It has a cigarette-like flavor... Your breath lingers, slowly consuming your heart.

Mina has been back to her house for two days. Her father's health is in risk, and her mother required her presence for further treatment.

But it feels like two years has passed in these two days. Without her, my house became silent and cold, as it had in the past. I miss her warmth, her smile, and our mini-drink breaks... Mina, I'm missing you.

I can't focus on anything, but thinking about her and her emptiness made me realize that while I don't like her, I fucking love her.But there's something on my mind that's ticking. What happened to her mood after the conversation that night? Her eyes were filled with sadness or disappointment. Why??

'At the end, does she start thinking of me as a hopeless loser?' Did I let her down? Ugh! No! No! This is something she will never think! 'Quit jumping to conclusions!' I said as I shook my head, but then my phone began to ring.

I reached for the phone, hoping it would be her, but it was an unknown number.

The caller ID:- Unknown number:-

"Hello?"

"Hey there, bro! Remember me?"

"Dahyun?"

"Oh! God! At least you remember me. I miss you, bro!!" Dahyun let out a dramatic scream, and I laughed.

She was the one who looked after me after my mother died. She is aware of my father's situation and has suggested that I stay with her. Her parents were so gracious that they never asked me any personal questions. Instead, they treated me as if I were their own child. Her entire family, however, relocated to Los Angeles three years ago. So we kind of fell out of touch, but I'm still touched that she remembers me.

"I had missed you as well. How are you doing?"

"Chae, I'm fine. Tell me about you." She expressed her concern in a soft tone. I miss this  Dahyun.

"Maybe I'm all right. But, Dahyuna~, after you left, I was alone."

"I am so sorry, Chae. Dad needed me to assist him in his business, and we were so busy that we couldn't even communicate."

"Don't be guilty. I couldn't bring myself to sign a contract with you either. What's up with your parents and the business, by the way?" As I leaned back in my chair, staring at the ceiling, I said.

"They're great, and they've missed you as well. Our company is doing well, so I've decided to open a designer showroom in Korea."

"That's fantastic. I've always admired your designs, and I'm confident they'll catch on like wildfire. It's a Korean number, by the way; Wait! Are you currently in Korea?" I inquired, and I overheard her chuckle.