Chapter-10

Chaeyoung's P.O.V

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I yawned while stretching my arms as I slammed the alarm clock. I suddenly felt a mild headache, possibly as a result of drinking, and noticed water, medicine, and a piece of paper on the side table beside my bed.

I take the medicine and take a look at the paper.

'Chae, I have to return to my hotel to finish some work. I borrowed some of your clothes. I was also starving, so I made some breakfast. Serve them alongside Mina. But there's one thing I have to say: your girl is stunning! Bye! Text me when you get up!'

I smiled and blushed at the same time. Hum, Mina is beautiful as an angel. Wait! How does she know About Mina? did she come back?

I jumped out of bed and went straight to Mina's room. I was eased to see that her room door was locked; so she was inside. I was about to knock on the door when I realized she had probably arrived home late at night and was tired.

So I decided to let it go and returned to my room to freshen up. I walked into the kitchen after getting ready for work and saw her heating up some food in the oven. Her back is to me, and she is in her penguin pajamas. I also noticed that she has penguins on some of her items. Aish! How can she be so adorable?

I tiptoed behind her and tapped on her shoulder while she was humming a song while making coffee.

"Aish! Shibal!" She caused loud but  As soon as she saw me; her eyes widened.

I was taken aback by her reaction; I mean, she can scream and use bad words?! Through her lips, even the words sounded cute.

"Ms.S-Son? I am sorry." She said with her guilty eye while looking down and I bust out laughing.

"You should have seen your face, Mina. It was funny." She pouted as I said it in between laughing. Ugh! Her cuteness is going to give me a heart attack!!

"Nomu hae!" She muttered under her breath and walked away from me, taking the food from the oven.

I smiled as I assisted her in placing breakfast on the table and beginning to eat in peace. Dahyun made pancakes and after taking the first bite, I went back to our high school time. She used to make breakfast for us every morning. The flavor is the same; extra sweet.

Mina asked, "Dahyun made the pancakes?" I nodded. "They were tasty, but a little too sweet."

"She always made them extra sweet because we both like sweet things. By the way, when did you meet her?"

"When I entered the house last night, she was drinking water, and we happened to meet and talk. She is a lovely and gentle lady." Mina said and I nodded with a smile.

"How is your father doing? Is everything all right?" When I inquired, her expression became blank.

"He is taken to the hospital. However, the hospital bills are out of my control. Everything appears to be messed up. I'm feeling worthless and like a loser at this point." Mina said with a bitter chuckle as tears welled up in her eyes.

"I will help you. What amount of money do you need?" I said softly, taking her hand in mine and gently caressing it with my thumb.

She stood up as soon as she looked at me with her wide eyes. Have I said something wrong?

"I've never accepted money from anyone, Ms.Son. Thank you but maybe you are getting late for the office." She said something and was about to turn around, but I grabbed her wrist.

"Mina, did I say something inappropriate?" I asked calmly, and she looked at me with teary eyes, trying to control them.

I cupped her face, gently caressing her cheek, and asked her again, softly, "Are you all right, Mina? What's the matter?"

She closed her eyes, tears streamed down her cheeks, and she let out a sob. When I hugged her, she began to cry. She was crying, as if she had been holding it in for a long time.

"Why peo-people always th-thinks I am in-indirectly asking money? Am I this obvious?" She asked Between her sobs, that made me feel embarrassed.

I backed away from the hug, wiped her tears away, and said, "I'm truly sorry. But I didn't mean it. I only wanted to help you. So, how about we make a deal?" I said ,and she looked at me puzzled.

"I'll pay the hospital bills, and you'll have to work for me until you repay me."

"Are you sure?"

"I am, in fact. This is beneficial to both of us." I said something, and she nodded.

"I'll take the money, then. But Ms. Son, I will do everything I can to repay you." I smiled and nodded as she said it seriously. This girl is one-of-a-kind; she is determined and self-assured.

"I know, Mina," I said and she hugged me. I was taken aback, but I returned her hug.

'I've missed your scent and warm hugs. I'll share your pain, Mina.' I thought to myself as I caressed her back, and she buried her face in the crook of my neck.

We stayed like this for a while, I wished I could stop the moment now, and she backed away from the hug.

Because of the tears, her hair is stuck on her face. So I swept the hairs from her face and tucked them behind her ears. My eyes stuck on her face which is a perfect example of perfection. And her moles; why are her moles so fucking attractive?

My phone suddenly began to ring, causing both of us to flinch and back away.

The caller ID:- Bangchan:-

Ugh! Why is he calling so early in the day?

"Hello?"

"It's almost 10 a.m., boss, and you have a meeting at 11 a.m. Ms. Momo told me to call and check on you. She's prepared for the meeting already."

Aish!! I had completely forgotten about it. But Momo can handle it. I have more important work to do.

"Tell her to take my place at the meeting. I will not be arriving today." I said and Mina looked at me with a puzzled expression on her face.

"All right, Boss," Bangchan said, and I hung up.

"Ms. Son? Why aren't you-"

"Get ready. We're going to visit your father. I'll be waiting for you in the living room."

"But you don't need to go with me. I'll be fine."

"Do you mind if I accompany you?" She nodded no with a faint smile on her face when I asked coldly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Okay, then go, get ready. I'm calling the driver." I said as I walked away from her, sat on the couch, and she returned to her room.

I don't want to see her heartbreaking expression any longer. My heart hurts when she cries. I love her and I will do anything to make her happy.