2.08 𝖢𝖴𝖱𝖱𝖤𝖭𝖳𝖲

Start from the beginning

"I hope so."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

They all sit there for hours, waiting for the pack to arrive. Derek nervously checks his phone, shaking his head and shoving it back into his pocket.

"Cora?" Olive turns to him and he nods.

"She should've been back by now," He bites the inside of his lip, narrowing his eyes.

"She'll turn up," Olive nods, and Derek sighs, shaking his head.

"Um, guys, isn't the little light on the side of the box supposed to be on?" Isaac asks, pointing to the alarm panel and Derek walks over to him, getting a better look.

"Yeah."

"What does it mean when it's not?" Isaac looks back at him and Derek sighs.

"Someone cut the auxiliary power."

"What about the main-" Olive starts but gets her question answered for her when all the lights in the loft go off. Derek sighs, stepping down into the pool of water, nothing happened.

"What do we do now?" Olive turns to him and Derek shakes his head, turning to the door with a determined look on his face.

"We fight."

Suddenly a pounding comes from the door and they all turn their attention to it, ready to fight. From the other side, the alphas are scratching and pulling the door to try to get in. Finally, they wrench it free of the lock and slide it open. Kali steps forward, eyes glowing red.

"I'm going to be honest, Derek. When Ennis died, I thought to myself I would just go for it. Find you and kill you wherever you stood. Then I remembered how you surround yourself with these teenagers. Hiding behind them. And I thought what's a girl got to do to get you alone? That's when I found out that I've got some real competition," Kali taunted as Ethan and Aiden appeared in the doorway holding Ms. Blake. Olive narrowed her eyes turning to Derek.

"Is that my English teacher?" She whispered and Derek glared at her, she stepped back. "You're right, we'll talk about it later."

"You and me Derek. Or they tear her apart. What do you say? Think you can beat me one-on-one?" She tilts her head and Derek steps forward, eyes glowing red.

"I'm gonna rip your throat out with my teeth," He growled out and charged her, Kali was already prepared to fight back. The two throw each other around, sloshing water everywhere. Olive and Isaac exchange a look, frustrated that all they can do is watch.

Kali's clawed foot hits Derek's chest, sending him flying back, landing with hard brutality. Water sloshes around him as Olive starts forward but Ethan and Aiden pull Ms. Blake, causing her to cry out. Derek turns to her and shakes his head.

"No!" He yells and Olive furrows her eyebrows, watching him as he pulls himself up, ready to face Kali again.

Derek charges her, only to be surged into the ground once more. Olive turns to Isaac, a helpless look on her face and he just shakes his head. She turns to Boyd who pulls out his phone, reading a text from Cora. Isaac and Boyd charge the twins while Olive goes straight for Kali, knocking her down with the element of surprise.

The power turns back on, causing electricity to surge around the three of them, Olive pulling Derek onto the table. Kali screams out in pain as she pulls Derek back down into the water with her as the power dies down again.

"Take him!" She shouts and Ethan and Aiden surge forward, grabbing Derek by the arms. Kali turns to Olive, an evil smile on her face as she charges forward, picking her up.

"No, no," Derek struggles, trying to shake their grasp but the twins are too powerful. They grab his clawed hands and hold them in the air as Kali lowers Olive, who is trying her hardest to fight back. She slams Olive into Derek's claws, impaling her. Olive screams out in pain and Isaac immediately turns from Ms. Blake to the scene before him.

"NO!" He screams as Kali shoots him a look before dropping Olive. Derek catches her, holding her in his arms as Kali turns to him, a small pout on her face.

"I'm giving you until the next full moon, Derek. Make the smart choice. Join the pack. Or next time I kill all of you," She pushes past Isaac and Boyd at the door and the twins follow. Ethan turns around, a look of regret on his face as he sees Isaac run to Olive and Derek.

"Olly," Derek says, staring down at her in disbelief. She shakes her head, letting out shaky breaths. "I'm so sorry, I- I'm sorry."

"It's okay," She says weakly. Isaac reaches them, falling to his knees when he sees her.

"No, no, no, no," He repeats, shaking his head and wiping a strand of hair out of her face. "Why aren't you healing? I'm supposed to- you're supposed to heal."

"It's from an alpha, I don't think it works that way," She coughs, sitting up slightly. Derek shakes his head, putting pressure on her wounds and letting tears stream down his face.

"Stop crying, it's okay. It doesn't even hurt," She breathes out and Derek sniffs, feeling helpless. "Thank you, Derek, thank you for changing my life."

"Stop it."

"No, you were right, the bite is a gift, it was worth it. It was all worth it," She says, a small smile on her face. Derek looks up at Isaac who seems to be in shock. He nods, standing slightly and letting Olive's head rest against Isaac's lap. Stiles, Lydia, and Cora appear in the doorway and Stiles takes in a sharp breath, shaking his head.

"Olly," Isaac whispers to her, running his hand across her cheek. "We never got to talk."

Olive laughs lightly, sending her into a coughing fit.

"You know what I was gonna say already," She looks up at him and he shakes his head, tears streaming down his face.

"I love you," He says, kissing the top of her head and she smiles.

"I love you," She whispers. "I love-"

She stops midsentence, a far-off look in her eyes as her body falls limp in his arms. Isaac shakes his head, whispering a string of no's and yelling her name, pulling her body into him and cradling it. Stiles approaches them, standing next to Derek who is on his knees, head in his hands.

Isaac holds her tight, rocking back and forth wishing he was dreaming. That any second he would wake up in his room at Scott's house and call her first thing, just to hear her voice. Tell her everything he didn't get to say. But it wasn't a dream.

This was real and she was dead.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───