the elongated knight rises

Start from the beginning

"Yeah...yeah, just, uh, wicked heartburn."

STAR Labs

"Let this be a lesson to all of you would-be criminals out there. Catching you won't be too much of a stretch."

"And so, our streets are safe again, thanks to Central City's funniest new hero, The Stretchy Man."

Ralph, Cisco, Caitlin and Iris all stood together in the cortex, watching the news as Supergirl stood alone behind them at the computers, a stern look on her face. "Okay...embarrassing," Iris muttered before she looked at Cisco. "You should go next time, Cisco."

"Iris," Cisco started as she walked over next to Supergirl. "A chicken needs to leave its roost sooner or later, especially when that chicken insists on being Supergirl's sidekick for the day."

"This is bad," Supergirl muttered to herself as Ralph nodded.

"This is really bad. Stretchy Man, that's a terrible name. Also, now that I'm going to be on TV all the time, this grey suit, got to go," Ralph said as he sat by a nearby chair and Supergirl shot him a look.

"No, Ralph, I meant you, okay?" She said and Ralph looked at her. "That bomb could have torn you to shreds. Or Joe, or any of police outside and I wouldn't have been fast enough to save you."

"Relax, SG-"

"Don't call me that."

"...my cells are completely polygamized," Ralph continued.

"Polymerized?" Caitlin corrected.

"Yeah, that. Which means they can stretch and take a bomb blast," Ralph said.

"Oh, my Rao," Supergirl muttered.

"Dibny is in-dib-structable," Ralph continued.

"Okay, Ralph, you're missing the point," Supergirl said and he looked at her again. "You need to be more cautious."

"No, no, no, you are missing the point. What I really need, guys, is a new superhero name," Ralph said before he looked at Cisco. "Ramon, you've had all this time. You can't come up with anything?"

"Patience, okay? I'm getting to you. I'm just being a little preoccupied, what with Barry being in prison and all!" Cisco snapped before he looked back at Supergirl for a moment to see she tensed. "Sorry."

"It's okay," she said.

Ralph than picked up a case file that was near him and went through it, "You find anything that might prove DeVoe framed Barry yet?" He asked, which Supergirl immediately walked up to him and snatched the case from him.

"No, not yet," she said.

"My dad and Cecile are meeting with Judge Hankerson tomorrow to go over his appeal," Iris spoke up as Supergirl looked at the case file sadly.

"We've been pouring through the evidence piece by piece, but-"

"Don't worry, Kara," Caitlin said and the hero looked at her. "We're going to get him out."

"Hey, has Barry joined a gang yet?" Ralph asked and Supergirl shot him a look. "I've got some friends on the inside. I can make some calls-" but Supergirl slapped his arm with the case file, walking away from him. "Ow-"

"Shut up, Ralph," Supergirl muttered.

Iron Heights Prison

Meanwhile, Barry was walking around the prison yard in his uniform, surrounded by other inmates, but as he did, he kept glancing at the time on the tower. Waiting for a specific time. "You can watch the clock all you want," Barry looked back to see an inmate sitting nearby, eating pudding. But he remembered him. He put him away in prison. "...but it won't go any faster."