Chapter 61

[𝐀/𝐍]: 𝑺𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝑬𝒊 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝑲𝒉𝒂𝒆𝒏𝒓𝒊'𝒂𝒉 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔, 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝑰 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒕 𝒆𝒉𝒆–

[𝐘/𝐍'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐕]

We continued on investigating as we soon found more of the rifthound roaming around from this certain area.

"As expected, there are loads of rifthound here too." Paimon said.

Lumine nodded as she then speaks to me.

"Come on Y/N. Let's go eliminate–"

"Leave it to me." Ei interrupted her.

Before I was able to complain, she already dashed forward to where the rifthound was making sighed at myself.

"So are we going to let her? Or..."

"Just let her be." I replied to Lumine.

She nodded as we watched her deal with the rifthound.

[𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩]

The battle took longer than I expected it would be and noticed that she's silent while placing her hand on her forehead making Paimon whispers some words to us.

"Something seems wrong with Ei."

"...."

I looked at her back worriedly.

"Ei, are you feeling okay?"

She then turned around to face us.

"Why would you ask that?"

"Well, usually, you'd pull out your sword and 'swish' and vaporize them all in one go, no?" Paimon asked her.

She places her hand on her chest and replies to her.

"You are unduly concerned. I'm simply conserving my energy."

"Although I have some understanding of the situation already, it could take an unexpectedly turn at anytime."

"I must prepared for anything. If there more formidable monsters lying in wait for this area, I must make sure I have the strength to face them."

Paimon then nodded at her statement.

"Ah, make sense! Spoken like a seasoned Shogun."

"The roots seem pretty badly damaged this time. We definitely need to tell the Yashiro Commission about this."

"Hey, the same light is leaking out again."

The light spread in all directions before emerging into human form once again.

"Is it the same situation as before?" Lumine asked us.

Before I was about to reply to her my eyes widened to who the person was as Ei quickly speaks to him.

"Furayama? Is that you?"

"I think that's him, Ei." I replied.

He turned around to where the voice was coming from and face us.

"Hmm? Commander? And the Almighty Shogun? What brings you both back so soon? I thought you two were off fighting a battle in a distant land?"

"Commander?" Lumine asked me.