Chapter 57

[𝐘/𝐍'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐕]

I opened my eyes and got up in bed. I soon head directly to Ei's room and noticed that the Shogun is not there.

"Hmm, now where did she go this time?"

I closed the door and search every room until I finally saw her walking back and forth.

What is she doing?

I asked myself and walk towards her.

"Almighty Shogun, are you...okay?"

She turned around, locking eyes with me.

"That is of no concern. This is my recuperation state."

Recuperation?

"So, you're tired?" I asked.

"This body has no need of rest. But I am an assistant to the one within. If she wishes to rest, I must follow her will."

Wait, why would Ei be resting if I already told her yesterday that...

Ugh...

"I need to speak with her right away if you will."

"Denied."

Wait, denied?!

"So, I can't enter the Plane of Euthymia?"

"I do as she wishes. I can say no more than this." She replied.

"...."

A second later, I heard Ei's voice echoing in the room.

"Ah, Y/N, the Shogun can't do much at the moment. Come straight in and see me."

My surrounding became black as she led me inside the Plane of Euthymia. As soon as I saw her, I crossed my arms while dead-panning towards her.

"Do you mind telling me what's going on?"

"You have nothing to worry Y/N, I've just temporarily disabled many of the Shogun's functions after you left the Plane of Euthymia yesterday."

"And what does she mean by resting?" I asked.

"Currently, the Shogun is unable to handle any business and cannot appear as me. So the easiest solution is to announce that I am resting."

"As I said, I need to think Inazuma's eternity, and thinking takes time."

"But the Shogun is still running on her old rules. I can't allow her to make anymore mistakes while I was working things out."

"Furthermore, I have even predicted at the time that I may wish to modify the Shogun's operational rules at some point in the future. However such changes can not be conductive to eternity."

"Too severe..." I spoke.

"That's why the Shogun has a robust system to safeguard against modification."

"It's also to protect against unforeseen circumstances."

"For now, while I figure out the form that eternity should take, it's more effective for me to temporarily disable some of the puppet's function rather than attempt to modify her old rules."

I then placed my hand on my chin while closing my eyes.

"I see... well aside from that, I look for you because I wanna tell you that I'll be going to find the two of them."

"And... if they did come here, it's better to keep my identity as a God for a while."

"Hmm, alright."