Chapter 19 (slight mini story involved)

Sonic's POV

I watch as the rest of the resistance leaves, leaving just the main people here. I take a breath, sighing "ah, the sweet smell of victory"

"I know how that is" i freeze at a... familiar voice... one i haven't heard in years. I spin around, my jaw dropping when i see who stands there. A blue female hedgehog stands not too far off, emerald green eyes shining quietly.

"Is that who i think it is?" i hear Nightly, and i glance over, seeing that she walked over, leaving Shadow standing not too far behind her.

"... who are you?" Nightly sighs slightly, before turning the question on her

"And what about yourself?"

"Breeze"

"Breeze?!?" i run over, pulling her into a hug

"She's connected to you guys?" i hear Stitch asked surprised.

"Long-lost sister." Nightly says, before joining the hug as well.

"I can't believe you're still alive" i mutter, tightening the hug

"Sonic! I need to breathe!" Breeze protests, and i narrow my eyes, before letting go, "who's this though? 'Long lost sister'?"

"Nightly. Mutation. Adopted sister of the hero of the universe. You know... fun stuff... annoying sometimes" i smack Nightly upside the head, making her laugh "oh come on. My tails already hurt, you don't need to make my head hurt as well"

"Oh... so... does that mean i have a sister?"

"i could ask the same thing, Breeze"

"... let's say, yeah?" "works with me"

"I still can't believe- what happened after you went missing?" i ask, catching the other hedgehog's attention. I hear Nightly murmuring that she's going to recover some, and i glance back for a second, seeing her leaving with Shadow. As i'd expected.

"Well... I... can we maybe talk about this later?" i shrug

"Sure" She smiles before hugging me again.

Earlier after the fight between Sonic and Infinite

Breeze's POV

So... it was intense to see that sun just appeared and disappeared within a few minutes! Yeah, I followed the resistance to help out from the side, destroying robots and some of those replicas. And i have to admit, that was kinda hard... Suddenly i see something fly to one of the towers, a glow of a reddish light right at the top. What's that about? In a second, i dash through the base making to the top of the tower. Hmm... nothing out of the ordinary-

"Ugh... i... could... still... fight..." I freeze. What or who was that?! I head to where the voice was coming from. After some searching, i see something i wasn't expecting. A mobian! A jackal by the looks of it. Wearing a strange mask- wait! He was the one leading the attack against the resistance!!! I slowly approach him, not sure if he is faking or not. He's still moving, but barely. Hmm... his mask seems to be damaged... Suddenly the tower shakes, making me lose balance. Oh shoot! I begin to make a dash for safety, but then i glance back at the Mobian... I can't just leave him here! In a second i hoist his body on my shoulder and run back down the tower, getting a safe distance from it.

Once we've gotten to a good location, I set him down lying on his back, sitting beside him for a moment.

What do I do with him? Wouldn't be a good idea to bring him in front of the Resistance... definitely not yet. Ugggghhhh. Oh! I think i might have an idea! At least when i get him to a safer location. I take a breath, before looking down at him. I take a second, before pulling him back up again, bringing him to a building that's in decently good shape, finding something soft for him to lie on, and as i do, i see that he passes out. I would prefer if he stayed awake, in case she says later that he should have, but rest is usually good. I sit against the wall for a minute, hearing fighting with Eggface in the distance outside.