F O U R

"Chimeras." Stilinski said as he drew a red 'X' over Tracy's photo.

"Two dead chimeras." Stiles clarified.

"And eight new ones." I added.

"So, that's ten in all." Stiles summed up.

"I'm thinking maybe eleven." Stilinski tacked up Donovan's picture to the board. "Our station tech guys confirmed something for me... They said, both the holding cell lock and cameras could have malfunctioned because of something electromagnetic." He reached for the book on his desk. "Now, you said that, uh, these guys..."

"Dread Doctors." I supplied.

"Are we really calling them that?"

"Apparently." I shrugged. "So they broke Donovan out?"

"It's how they got into Eichen, isn't it?" He reasoned.

"Donovan's a chimera." I walked up to the picture.

"Yeah, but is he a failure like Lucas and Tracy?" Stilinski asked.

"If he is, he's probably dead." I said.

"Not until I've seen a body." Stilinski gave me a look before glancing back. I followed his line of sight to see Stiles standing near the window, unnaturally quiet.

"You're uncharacteristically quiet." Stilinski commented. He turned to face us.

"Yeah... sorry, I'm, uh... I'm just trying to think about it. Uh... these are all teenagers, right? So, I mean, shouldn't we be trying to figure out why these teenagers? If the Dread Doctors, if they went through all that... burying them, killing them, breaking one of them out of jail..."

"They couldn't have been chosen at random." Stilinski finished. "They had to have something in common."

"Something that made them right for this experiment." I said.

"Something that made them special."

~

"My mom's book club usually has more wine." Lydia commented as we all sat around a coffee table, staring down at the Dread Doctor books.

"Well, they also probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations." Stiles responded.

"That's why Malia's here." Scott said, all of us looking towards the werecoyote.

"So none of us go running into traffic." Kira said, Scott adding, "or worse."

"Like what happened to Judy." Malia said. We all looked at her in confusion. Who the hell is Judy? "Chapter 14." She explained.

"Maybe I should have my mother read it." Lydia said, picking up the actual book. "She might remember a girl with a tail leaping off the ceiling and attacking everyone."

"Yeah, if it works." Stiles said.

"It has to."

"What does that mean?" Scott questioned.

"I think I saw them during my surgery." The strawberry blonde replied. "When I look at the cover of the book... it's almost like..."

"A memory trying to surface." Theo finished.

"Yeah."

"I thought that's what Valack wanted when he wrote it?" Kira asked.

"If they did something to me, I want to know what it is....." her voice became more distant as my head started to hurt. The noises around me were distorted, blocked out.